Where do we select whether we want to be notified or not on certain topics such as pictures, or pokes or birthdays in the new .49 FB app?
    Before I could say I want to be notified after someone comments on something or I not.
    Now I get both emails and BB notification on the new FB app...
    Frustrating.
    08-19-10 12:52 AM
    You can change your notifications on the facebook website. Then, those changes will reflect in the app.

Login to facebook using your computer > Account> Account Settings> Notifications

Check which notifications you want to send you an email, then your blackberry will send you those notifications.

Make sure you use the same email address you login online with to the same email address you use in the Blackberry Facebook App.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 08-20-10 at 08:45 AM.
    08-20-10 08:39 AM
    The new FB app 1.8.0.49 sends your notifications differently than with past versions. You are no longer required to recieve e-mail notifications in order to get your notifications on the FB app, if you have the notification checkmarked on your Facebook notification settings, you will recieve an e-mail notification, and the notification will also be sent to your device, but the two aren't related any longer.

Currently, there are many people having issues with FB notifications not working, and there is a thread currently running on this topic:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5491180
    08-20-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD