ok, this is a really cracked out scenario, but try to follow-

previously, i had an email address i used solely for facebook notifications and certain other contacts. it was set up in my outlook and on my BB. i would receive notifications within my facebook application, you know, with the little red star atop the facebook logo, but even though i would have that email set up in my BIS and on my device, i would never see email notifications of facebook happenings on my BB. perfect!

i did, however, receive them in outlook on my PC, which is how i wanted it.

well, i updated my OS on my BB the other night, and then my facebook version updated the next day. i didn't change anything, but i noticed i wasn't getting facebook email notifications on my PC anymore. i went to look at the facebook notification settings within account settings on my PC and i noticed all the check boxes were unchecked. i didn't change them, so who knows why they changed. so i went through and checked the ones i used to have, like if someone posts on my wall, or comments on a photo, whatever.

so that made it where i was again getting email notifications in my outlook on my PC, but then i started receiving them on my BB in the email message list too! i have no idea why, but previously it was almost like the facebook notifications were being filtered from my email message list previously.

so...i went into BIS and set up a filter for emails with "Facebook" in the from field on that address. so now it works like it used to, but i have no idea why i never had to do this before...does anyone else know or has anyone else had something like this happen? does anyone care??? haha
    10-18-10 10:03 PM
    That's interesting and VERY bizarre. I had a problem with facebook not syncing with my contacts on my Storm because the enterprise server was screwing with it. I had to wipe my device in order for facebook to sync with my contacts and what not. I'm sure your situation isnt the same but just so you know someone DOES care haha. Noone ever helped me with my problem before, I had to figure it out myself lol. Glad you got it figured out.
    10-18-10 10:19 PM
    That's interesting and VERY bizarre. I had a problem with facebook not syncing with my contacts on my Storm because the enterprise server was screwing with it. I had to wipe my device in order for facebook to sync with my contacts and what not. I'm sure your situation isnt the same but just so you know someone DOES care haha. Noone ever helped me with my problem before, I had to figure it out myself lol. Glad you got it figured out.
    thanks mayne! i am sorry to hear that nobody helped with your issue. i actually searched a bit and found some people on this forum who i think were having similar issues so i posted the filter thing for their use, since it does work.

it just boggles my mind when things just SHOW up like this...why did it change...but really, how was it all being filtered automatically before? i'm sure you thought the same thing when your issue was occuring. mysterious.
    10-18-10 10:41 PM
    Yeah it was very weird. I tried searching for 2 months for a solution. Then finally I said, f*** it. So i wiped my phone and it was fixed. Lol.
    10-18-10 11:17 PM
    same here built. i can't figure it out, either.
    10-19-10 10:00 AM
    Seems like the .975 update wiped a LOT of settings for some of us. I don't use FB on the BB but other apps I had similar issues w/ settings not being carried over w/ the OS upgrade - even though the apps were not upgraded or changed.
    10-20-10 12:24 PM
    well, the filter i set up has been working fine. i just made said filter in BIS to remove any emails from facebook and prevent them from being forwarded to the bb.
    10-29-10 11:45 AM
    I am having the same problem. I haven't updated my OS, just my fb. I am currently trying to delete fb then reinstall it. But I did notice that on my pc fb account all those settings are unchecked also. Must have been something with the update to fb. Hopefully this will fix it.

I used to get my fb notifications on my bb only through fb not my email and the emails stayed on my pc. I would like to get it back to that.
    11-17-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD