I have Facebook installed on my BB, and whenever I would get a message, or post I would receive a FB notification to my phone, and the e-mails to my e-mail address stopped. Now, my FB notifications to my phone have stopped and I have started receiving e-mails again?? I don't remember doing anything to change this, does anyone know how I can get my phone to receive Facebook notifications again, and not e-mails?
    10-02-10 03:56 PM
    uninstall facebook and re install it

or run the facebook setup wizard again within the app.
    10-02-10 03:57 PM
    uninstall facebook and re install it

or run the facebook setup wizard again within the app.
    And... If that doesn't work, just use m.facebook.com to check your notifications. Works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 05:28 PM
    I was receiving the FB notification AND the email. What I did was the following, I went on FB on the laptop and disabled ALL the email notifications. Wanted to see what happen... guess what? Back to normal, now I only receive the FB notifications on my bb.
    10-02-10 07:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I actually realized, it was only sending e-mail notifications when someone commented on a video I had just posted... The rest of my notifications are coming through normally... strange!
    10-02-10 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I actually realized, it was only sending e-mail notifications when someone commented on a video I had just posted... The rest of my notifications are coming through normally... strange!
    Facebook works like that. Most things, wall posts, post comments, messages, pokes will have a push notification that the app deals with but somethings still send out email notificaitons which the app ignores.

However, if you comment on certain things like relationship changes the app gets the notifications but can't display them.

Then, if someone wall posts on your profile via Facebook for iPhone or Facebook for Android then you get no notification at all on your BB via the App or email and you can only see that by going to m.facebook.com.

Facebook and it's integration with the BB app still leaves a lot to be desired.
    10-03-10 08:27 AM
    When my friend replies to a post such as a link with his Droid X, it tells me he replied but it can't show it. only by going to the website I can see it. Yes, RIM should really take some time to make a new app for FB.
    10-04-10 06:31 PM
    When my friend replies to a post such as a link with his Droid X, it tells me he replied but it can't show it. only by going to the website I can see it. Yes, RIM should really take some time to make a new app for FB.
    Or facebook should provide RIM with a better app, agree?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 07:49 PM
    Just uninstall the facebook app....its pointless and causes more problems then needed. Facebook Mobile works fine and no problems!
    10-04-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD