Hi can anyone please help me. My facebook notifications have stopped working. They worked when I first got the Bold 9700, then randomly stopped.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Messed around with all the settings and still nothing. I have contacted application support but as of yet they have not replied.

Please can anyone suggest anything or help me figure this problem out?

Many Thanks

Add me: 21DD8045
    05-27-10 06:44 AM
    My facebook app is absolute garbage. it does the same thing randomly, and its super slow. I'm at the point now where i will open the app, and then go to the mobile site...as that works instantly all the time
    05-27-10 08:26 AM
    it sucks. Can't they spend any more time on the facebook for blackberry app and make it a little better at least. The iPhone app is amazing and ours is garbage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 08:29 AM
    The strange thing is, it use to work and worked for almost 2 years with my bold 9000. There nothing I haven't tried. Thanks for the advice anyway.
    05-27-10 08:30 AM
    I'd like an answer to this as well. I agree, the BB app is crap so I've resorted to using the mobile site.
    05-27-10 11:46 AM
    I also found out the app is garbage and I go to the mobile app or Life In Pocket, but then I can't see user pics.

I used to habe an LG phone with a better FB app and had the droid before the Storm 2. I guess I'm spoiled lol.
    05-27-10 12:46 PM
    Does the Facebook application still rely on the email that is attached to your Facebook account and Blackberry? If so, perhaps you can resend your service books (Email Settings > Menu > Service Books > Send Service Books)? Also, be sure to make sure you've "checked" the notifications that you'd like to be sent to the email on your Facebook acccount!

Anyways, I too believe that the Blackberry Facebook application is utter garbage.. I've played with the iPod Touch/iPhone app, and I love it! Too bad it's not the same with BBs.. I've resulted in using the Browser to access Facebook.
    05-27-10 12:53 PM
    I can not find the service books as you said. Are you sure they are in email settings?
    05-27-10 01:42 PM
    Sussed it! If you have facebook emails on your email account going straight to your junk folder it will not notify you on your blackberry. Facebook notification emails must go into your inbox on your email account inorder to receive them on the blackberry. Hope this helps.
    05-27-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD