Hey guys

Anyone else experiencing issues with FB not pushing notifications to your phone? I noticed it a few weeks ago, people would tag me in posts or pics, or my gf would poke me and I wouldn't get the FB app to show.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and upgraded and downgraded my OS right now on BB9900 OS 7.1.0.390

Getting really frustrating as I don't go on to a PC to check FB much and I'm not a fan of the mobile site, but its the mobile site I see all the notifications.
    05-16-12 08:49 AM
    I'm running the latest beta and my notifications came in fast yesterday. Real time fast.
    05-16-12 09:12 AM
    I'm running the latest beta and my notifications came in fast yesterday. Real time fast.
    hmmm to the beta zone I go lol I'll give that a try, thanks
    05-16-12 09:21 AM
    At first, I don't get any notifications on my facebook.
    Then I upgraded to 3.0.0.17; however, I can't find my facebook icon after...
    I delete and re-install many times, but I still can't get it..
    and I just tried beta version, but still the same, can't get FB icon...
    can anyone gimme a hand? thanks!
    05-16-12 09:24 AM
    At first, I don't get any notifications on my facebook.
    Then I upgraded to 3.0.0.17; however, I can't find my facebook icon after...
    I delete and re-install many times, but I still can't get it..
    and I just tried beta version, but still the same, can't get FB icon...
    can anyone gimme a hand? thanks!
    Did you happen to mark it as hidden?

Menu->show all icons
    05-16-12 09:45 AM
    Did you happen to mark it as hidden?

Menu->show all icons
    I checked, but still can't find it....
    In my app world, it shows "installed"....
    05-16-12 09:54 AM
    I checked, but still can't find it....
    In my app world, it shows "installed"....
    Activate all your panels if not done so already. Maybe it is somewhere in there. You should see it in downloads panel.
    05-16-12 10:00 AM
    Well installing the beta didn't help at all. I get the email notifications (like pokes and mentions and I did get those before) but still no app notifications... This is getting frustrating
    05-16-12 10:20 AM
    Well installing the beta didn't help at all. I get the email notifications (like pokes and mentions and I did get those before) but still no app notifications... This is getting frustrating
    When someone posts on my wall, I get the notifications fast. If it is just a friend notification, such as a close friend shared something, they come in around the auto refresh time. Mine is set at 30 minutes. Follow me?
    05-16-12 10:37 AM
    Activate all your panels if not done so already. Maybe it is somewhere in there. You should see it in downloads panel.
    My BB is torch 9800.
    I can't see where to activate all my downloads panel, can u describe more?
    I upgraded Twitter to see if it goes the same as Facebook that I can't find; however, it goes pretty well.
    Pls pls help me, I'm really gonna freaking out... Anyway, thanks in advance!
    05-16-12 10:56 AM
    My BB is torch 9800.
    I can't see where to activate all my downloads panel, can u describe more?
    I upgraded Twitter to see if it goes the same as Facebook that I can't find; however, it goes pretty well.
    Pls pls help me, I'm really gonna freaking out... Anyway, thanks in advance!
    Hmm I dont have a Torch, so Im a unfamiliar with settings, OS 6, and such.

I know you have uninstalled and reinstalled already, but uninstall then battery pull. Reinstall and then battery pull again.
    05-16-12 11:11 AM
    all i know is that theyre delayed because my fb refreshes in intervals. only missed one or 2 notifications... nothing major

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-16-12 04:52 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I don't get the poke showing on the notification area. It does show through email. This only started after a recent upgrade to Facebook. It was working fine before. I've tried waiting and nothing gets pushed through.

I am getting the friend updates and message notification.
    06-06-12 10:32 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I don't get the poke showing on the notification area. It does show through email. This only started after a recent upgrade to Facebook. It was working fine before. I've tried waiting and nothing gets pushed through.

I am getting the friend updates and message notification.
    I am so glad someone else noticed this. Its been happening for over a month now... I've gotten used to it
    06-06-12 12:15 PM
    I am also having the same issue and to be honest I am glad to see this thread that I am not the only one experiencing this. I have tried logging in/logging out, battery pull but haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing but from what I read that it hasn't worked for others as well. Hoping there will be a fix for it soon!
    06-06-12 05:46 PM
    The beta version is really bad right now. No notifications since yesterday. I reverted back to official release and I got notifications. I then switched back to beta and nothing. Errrrrr......
    06-06-12 06:07 PM
    yea im using the beta and have noticed the notification issue is very bad! glad i dont use fb a lot.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 10:13 PM
    My wife was asking me about this on her Bold 9930 a few days ago. I did not see any issues in her settings. I have the same phone and mine works fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 10:27 PM
    Weird. I'm on the beta and have been getting mine on my 9930.
    06-07-12 12:17 PM
    ya i'm on the beta, and not getting the Poke notifications, but I do get the emails so at least I know I'm getting them, just not notified via FB app
    06-07-12 12:19 PM
    ya i'm on the beta, and not getting the Poke notifications, but I do get the emails so at least I know I'm getting them, just not notified via FB app

same here... dont get pokes at ALL. and i have email notifications turned off so im pretty much in the dark until i log in from my comp

06-07-12 03:22 PM
    maybe this bug is good! keeps us from getting sucked into the fb trap!!

06-07-12 03:23 PM
    Well, I'm in the minority here because I am VERY happy that I'm not getting the notifications! For months and months, I would get them when I had all notifications set to off & to only refresh when I open the app, yet I would still get them. It drove me crazy! So if this is a bug in the app, I'm loving it! The developers obviously need to re-work their notification system within the app so that whatever the user sets them at, they actually function properly!
    06-13-12 11:36 AM
    New beta version released. Give it a shot.
    06-13-12 11:57 AM
    also noticed i cant view WHO likes a comment or post. gives me an error. switched to the new beta yesterday and have yet to have this problem so yea id say try new beta.

06-14-12 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD