I recently returned my Curve 8530 for another 8530 because of an issue with the first one. Ever since I set up the new BB, I haven't been getting facebook email notifications. I have a gmail account which worked fine before and I checked my FB settings and it's set up for my gmail account, which is also my main BB email account. I do have a work email set up as well on my BB which I have a separate FB account attached to (I maintain my office's FB page and wanted it separate from my personal one). The notifications for my work FB/email are working fine - It's just the ones for the facebook page attached to my gmail account. Anyone else have this issue?
    03-31-10 02:15 PM
    If I understand you correctly, you have two separate e-mail addresses receiving e-mail notifications from two separate e-mail accounts?

If this is the case, are you not getting the notifications at all, or are you not getting them through the FB application?
    03-31-10 06:20 PM
    If I understand you correctly, you have two separate e-mail addresses receiving e-mail notifications from two separate e-mail accounts?

If this is the case, are you not getting the notifications at all, or are you not getting them through the FB application?
    It is a bit confusing. Sorry about that.

Basically, I have 2 emails set up on my phone, both of which are attached to separate facebook accounts. I am only getting email notifications from FB to one of my email addresses (work email) since I got this replacement phone. Before I got this phone, I was getting email notifications to both email addresses (work & gmail). I am, however, getting notifications from both FB accounts on my BB via the FB app.

Does that make sense? Thanks!
    04-02-10 07:56 AM
    Do you use the GMAIL App for BB? If not use it much better you should check your settings. Personally I have mine set to not notify me. Doesnt bother me much really also since you have the FB App on your phone that can also be messing it up. I got rid of the Facebook app a long time ago because it just flat out stopped notifying me through it. That was when I had my BB Curve 8310 & I did try it again on my BB Bold 9000 still didnt work right so dont bother with the app anymore.
    04-02-10 12:25 PM
    OK, sometimes it's the simplest things that you overlook. I just checked my Spam folder on my gmail account and all of the FB notifications are there. Not sure why they started going there, but that solves that mystery!
    04-05-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD