Hi everyone,

Posting here as it's relevant to all BlackBerry models. Just noticed I haven't been receiving Facebook notifications to my device over the past few days. The 'Facebook Notifications' checkbox is ticked in the options screen in the app, and I've set up my mobile notifications properly on the facebook.com site.

Just wondering has anyone else noticed this recently, ie. is this a problem with Facebook, or is it my device? I've already done a battery pull and uninstalled/reinstalled the app, but I'm still not getting notifications. Anyone recon a full device format would do the trick?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Michael
    01-31-11 01:59 PM
    I think this has been a problem for awhile now (since v 1.9) It has been on and off (more off than on). My last notification was for a friend request Sat night. I have had nothing else since....... no posts, messages, requests, nothing.

I know RIM did some maintenance on Saturday Morning, but I doubt that had anything to do with this as it was isolated to email, or so it seemed;
    01-31-11 02:15 PM
    Hasn't worked for a week or so for me. I turned on email notifications for the time being. Annoying...
    01-31-11 09:04 PM
    The FB app sucks since the "update". That's about all I have to say about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 10:48 PM
    Its off and on for me.

Worked today, yesterday it didn't...been this way for awhile. Just kinda deal with it.

01-31-11 10:50 PM
    I'm glad you posted this. Mine has been down since Saturday night. Uggghhh. My BB still rocks!!!
    02-01-11 12:12 AM
    Stopped working for me as well, last time I received a notification was last night at 11pm. I just use the mobile site to check for notifications as its much more reliable than the bb app.

02-01-11 12:27 AM
    Mine are down too (9800 .450) but my gf (9700 .448) work. That's so frustrating..
    02-01-11 12:40 AM
    There was some other discussion about this. Mine haven't worked in over a week (maybe two weeks?). There were reports that folks on other platforms were experiencing issues too, which means it could be a FB problem. I can't even change settings within FB...I just get error messages.
    02-01-11 12:48 AM
    Anyone still having FB for BlackBerry notification issues? I am. I never get message notifications (because of that I downloaded and now use FB Messenger so I don't miss my messages anymore). Also comment, like, and friends status update notifications come thru delayed, some times up to 3 hours delayed. Or they don't even come thru until I open FB and go to my notifications, where I will find numerous notifications that I missed all from hours and hours ago. This is getting really frustrating.
    01-23-12 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD