Hello all after i upgraded to my official carrier version 5.0.0.680 my facebook notifications have just stopped.

I have checked all the settings etc..

Any suggestions?
    08-22-10 07:05 PM
    Sign out, then sign in again.

If that doesn't work, remove the app, battery pull (or select Reboot Now when prompted), download and install facebook from App World.

Your problems should be solved. Also, I'm using 5.0.0.862 and have had no problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 08:06 PM
    Not going to work rb.

OP,

Login to FB from a PC and under application settings, delete the BB FB app. Now login to FB from your BB. Confirm on your PC the app has be re-added and you should be good to go.

08-22-10 09:27 PM
    @shansmi why do I keep forgetting to tell people this? :s
    08-22-10 11:22 PM
    well via app world when I load Facebook its load to only 1204 and then pauses and then says installed?

is that correct! also I did not not get any notification for application on the computer once I loaded and signed into facebook on the berry
    08-23-10 10:17 AM
    1204? Is FB working on your BB? There is no PC notification, you just see the app listed. When you post it will have a leading BB icon. Did you do what I posted above?

08-23-10 10:51 AM
    Not going to work rb.

OP,

Login to FB from a PC and under application settings, delete the BB FB app. Now login to FB from your BB. Confirm on your PC the app has be re-added and you should be good to go.

Thanks, I tried this and I still have no notifications. Annoying....
    08-23-10 11:27 AM
    yes I did and still do not have any notifications! I had a few when I checked my facebook via my mac.
    08-23-10 11:38 AM
    Also posted and its shows the BB icon but I went into the applications setting on Facebook via the mac and I did not see Facebook for BB on there in the applications?
    08-23-10 11:41 AM
    KB17087-Notifications are received multiple times or none at all when using Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones

To enable push notifications and disable all other notficaiton:

Open Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    Press the BlackBerry key and select Options from the menu.
    Scroll down to the Facebook notifications section, and select the Facebook notifications checkbox if not checked
    To ensure that all other types of notifications are disabled, click on Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications
    Save the changes made and exi
    08-23-10 11:50 AM
    Ok guys I have started getting the notifications but... it does not ( the facebook for blackberry app ) in my applications list on the facebook website...???
    08-23-10 12:20 PM
    @mustu how did you fix the problem???
    08-23-10 02:41 PM
    KB17087-Notifications are received multiple times or none at all when using Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones

To enable push notifications and disable all other notficaiton:

Open Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    Press the BlackBerry key and select Options from the menu.
    Scroll down to the Facebook notifications section, and select the Facebook notifications checkbox if not checked
    To ensure that all other types of notifications are disabled, click on Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications
    Save the changes made and exi

I followed the above instructions. I sent myself a message and I didn't get a notiification....
    Any idea?
    08-23-10 03:25 PM
    no, I'm getting mad!!! The only thing I could achieve was recieving an e-mail from FB but not a notification from the app. I don't know what else to do... Probably, it's a RIM problem... Hope they can fix it!
    08-23-10 03:37 PM
    My issue is slightly different....before 1.8, I would get notifies *only* on the options I'd checked off. Now I get notifies about *everything,* including anytime someone comments in something I commented in....I don't want that! I want it back to the old way...how do I fix? I've tried quite a few different things.
    08-23-10 04:36 PM
    I had the same problem, no email notifications and no app notifications, I noticed on the PC FB page that after I installed the app on my berry the account notifications had all changed.
    I just ticked the boxes and they came back, also I noticed when i post anything it no longer says " sent using Facebook for Blackberry"
    08-23-10 04:47 PM
    This new version bites. I've scoured the discussion forums on facebook as well. This is Avery widespread problem that needs to be fixed.

08-23-10 10:06 PM
    I'm having problems again too! I was getting the double notification sent to my bb torch. The red star in the FB app AND the e-mail and now I'm only getting the e-mail sent to my bb and not the notification on the app. I just don't get it!!!!
    08-24-10 05:44 AM
    I'm having problems again too! I was getting the double notification sent to my bb torch. The red star in the FB app AND the e-mail and now I'm only getting the e-mail sent to my bb and not the notification on the app. I just don't get it!!!!
    That's exactly what is happening to me!!
    08-24-10 08:02 AM
    I just don't know what to do anymore. This definitely MUST be the app that's crazy! I hope that throughout the day they will come through again.
    08-24-10 08:17 AM
    Same problem I'm having too.
    08-24-10 08:19 AM
    It's likely the Facebook server. Wait. It. Out.
    08-24-10 09:55 AM
    Started to work towered the afternoon... Then stopped...

08-24-10 11:11 PM
    well same here any fix found?
    09-05-10 03:48 AM
    They need to fix this, anybody have any ideas? IT really frustrating now. I have both notifications on because sometimes I do not get the FB notifications, but I get an email.
    09-05-10 09:31 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD