I just recently got the Nextel 8350i and installed the facebook app on it. It's been working fine, but about a half hour ago, that notification icon appeared on my home screen, but when I logged into my facebook page there was nothing new. Does anybody know how to at least get notification icon off of my home screen? Thanks.
    08-03-09 09:57 PM
    I just recently got the Nextel 8350i and installed the facebook app on it. It's been working fine, but about a half hour ago, that notification icon appeared on my home screen, but when I logged into my facebook page there was nothing new. Does anybody know how to at least get notification icon off of my home screen? Thanks.
    When in doubt, pull the battery out!
    08-03-09 10:07 PM
    Yeah if a battery pull doesn't do the trick, then check you messages folder and see if there is a facebook notification in there and just open it up.
    08-03-09 10:12 PM
    battery pull should fix it.
    08-03-09 10:45 PM
    Agree try a battery pull first and then go into ur messgaes and make sure nothing is in bold which indicates new messages

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:44 AM
    facebook icon means you have a new notification which show up in your messages list.
    08-04-09 10:17 AM
    facebook icon means you have a new notification which show up in your messages list.
    Yes, but the OP checked the app and had no new messages in Facebook.

As stated already, a battery pull should get rid of it. If that doesn't work, either go into your messages folder and press "u" to go to your last unread message or try Messages > Menu > Mark Prior Opened. If that doesn't do it, you will probably have to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 08-04-09 at 05:31 PM.
    08-04-09 02:07 PM
    When you say you logged onto your facebook account, was it through the app or on a pc?

If the app, then you may not see the message because it is poorly designed and it assumes you checked the notification already in your messages folder on your blackberry. (There is an inconsistent pattern as to when and how this happens). It will still display the icon on your blackberry, but you can't see anything in the app.

When I have this problem, I double-check my messages folder on my blackberry. Sometimes the notification is in there and I can view it and subsequently delete it to remove the icon.

08-04-09 03:57 PM
    but even when i pulled the battery out it didnt work
    05-29-13 12:01 AM
    i got the new Q10 blackberry and i checked the messages folder and there was nothing. i tried erasing everything and when it was gone and i thought i did it and erased everything the notifications still come up on my lock screen. keep in mind this is on my blackberry not iPhone. i do know how to get rid of the notifications on my iPhone but not on my blackberry. thank you.
    05-29-13 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD