I no longer receive my face book notification. We have the 4.5 OS from blackberry and reinstalled face book app numerous times. Still no notifications. Verizon reps are telling us it's a face book issue and to contact them. Any suggestions
    12-24-08 04:58 PM
    There was a glitch in FB's system that reset all the email notification to off. Go into your account and turn those email notifications back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 08:02 PM
    Facebook is kinda stoop on blackberry. I enjoy facebooking but am frustrated with the application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 10:07 AM
    This may help

Overview
    BlackBerry smartphones with the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application are unable to receive email messages but are able to send email messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    Specific email messages received by Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones can cause the BlackBerry smartphone to stop acknowledging received data. After this occurs, the BlackBerry smartphone can no longer receive email messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    To resolve this issue, complete the following:

On the BlackBerry smartphone, check the version number of the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application.
    If the version number is earlier than 1.2.0.35, remove all versions of the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application from the BlackBerry smartphone and install the current version of Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones, which is available at BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones.
    12-25-08 10:16 AM
    There is a hidden setting on facebook if you go to Settings - Notifications tab - (scroll to the bottom) Other Applications - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones.

That should do it.
    06-22-09 11:28 PM
    There is a hidden setting on facebook if you go to Settings - Notifications tab - (scroll to the bottom) Other Applications - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones.

That should do it.
    Didn't know about that setting, snowman....thanks for the tip!
    06-23-09 06:39 AM
    Well it may not help, I actually just ran across that last night while I was reading this thread, I changed it but I am still not getting updates...
    06-23-09 02:55 PM
    Check that the email account registered with facebook is not routing facebook's email notifications to a spam folder. I just ran into this with yahoo mail and created a filter to deliver anything from facebookmail.com to the inbox. Great success!
    06-23-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD