I just got a blackberry curve 8530 through alltel and have installed the facebook app. I am able to get on facebook and view notifications and stuff, but the notifications only show what i did. For example: it notifies me of my new posts but not of my friends; I uploaded a photo and it shows that I did so, after going online on the computer I was able to see that people commented on it but when I went back on phone and saw the notification it did not show that anyone commented. Could somebody please help me change my notifications settings so I could see what other people do and not just what I did??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 10:40 AM
    First you need to make sure that your notification settings on Facebook are set so that you recieve e-mail notifications when new actions happen, like when someone comments on your status, posts something to your wall, etc. Then, you need to make sure that the e-mail address that you have these notifications sent to is setup on your BB. So, if you have a Yahoo e-mail address that you use for your Facebook, you must have that e-mail address setup on your BlackBerry to recieve notifications.
    04-07-10 11:12 AM
    I got one through e-mail, but I can't view them on app. Like with the picture: i get a notification, but when I view that picture via app, it says there are no comments.
    04-07-10 01:43 PM
    Hmm, you know I had a comment earlier that wouldn't pull up for me either come to think of it... might be a Facebook issue, they've been known to have server issues.
    04-07-10 01:52 PM
    go on the Facebook website and configure my notification settings
    04-07-10 02:41 PM
    I believe it's a facebook issue. My notifications are coming through fine, but when you open it, you can't see any comments. That just started happening to me this morning. It's been happening to a friend of mine since yesterday.
    04-07-10 07:56 PM
    If you've checked the notification settings and you're still having a problem keep in mind that facebook's website screws up sometimes, especially at "peak" times of the day. The mobile version can be equally unreliable. Also I've noticed that almost always stuff shows up on the actual site before it does on the mobile version. Good luck!
    04-07-10 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD