For that past 4-6 weeks, I've been having an issue with Facebook notifications. Often, they don't come through. Just yesterday, I received a notification for a message someone sent me on Saturday....5 days later! The same goes for replies to posts ect. Sometimes, they come through, others never at all.

I've done the usual stuff: Log out, log in. Tried turing off notifications...then turing on. Run the setup wizard. I've even done an OS change which required reinstalling the app. This problem happened with the previous OS and current OS.

I'm running 2.0.0.58, OS 5, 9700.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?
    05-03-12 06:58 AM
    For that past 4-6 weeks, I've been having an issue with Facebook notifications. Often, they don't come through. Just yesterday, I received a notification for a message someone sent me on Saturday....5 days later! The same goes for replies to posts ect. Sometimes, they come through, others never at all.

I've done the usual stuff: Log out, log in. Tried turing off notifications...then turing on. Run the setup wizard. I've even done an OS change which required reinstalling the app. This problem happened with the previous OS and current OS.

I'm running 2.0.0.58, OS 5, 9700.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

1. Log out from the BB FB app.

2. On your computer, go to FB and then: Account settings > apps > find the BB FB app and delete it.

3. Login again into the BB FB app.

If notifications still don't work as they should, repeat step 2, but this time wait for a few hours, before logging in again into your BB FB app.

Hope it helps.
    05-03-12 07:51 AM
    i've deleted facebook application from my 9900. Its crap!...
    05-03-12 08:26 AM
    1. Log out from the BB FB app.

2. On your computer, go to FB and then: Account settings > apps > find the BB FB app and delete it.

3. Login again into the BB FB app.

If notifications still don't work as they should, repeat step 2, but this time wait for a few hours, before logging in again into your BB FB app.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks so much. I'll give this a shot and report back.
    05-03-12 11:54 AM
    Link Facebook to Social Feeds. Notifications via Social Feeds have been coming in quick for me so far.
    05-03-12 12:49 PM
    i've deleted facebook application from my 9900. Its crap!...
    FB sucks on any mobile platform. Even on the iOS, it's slow, buggy, crashes all the time.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    05-03-12 03:57 PM
    Oddly enough...I don't have the FB app linked up to my FB account on the PC; I checked yesterday evening.
    05-04-12 06:23 AM
    Oddly enough...I don't have the FB app linked up to my FB account on the PC; I checked yesterday evening.
    Hmmm... I haven't used a BB since the last June, so it's possible that they changed the status of the BB app to "first-party" (means it's not listed as a third-party app). I went to check and iPhone FB app is not there either.

Have you tried deleting the FB service book? Logout, delete service book, reset the device (battery pull). Or, maybe even try refreshing all service books.
    Last edited by simonstark; 05-04-12 at 04:18 PM.
    05-04-12 07:50 AM
    Not a bad idea! I'll give that a go and see what happens. Thanks!
    05-04-12 11:54 AM
    No dice so far. I did notice I was running an older version. So I went to appworld to check things out. I notcied a lot of reviews that stated notifications aren't going through as of late. I wonder if this is more of a network issue? Anyone else?
    05-08-12 12:11 PM
    I had the same problem and it seemed to get fixed once I upgraded to the new fb application.. Not sure if you are running the newest version.
    05-08-12 12:53 PM
    All is well again...notifications are coming through in a timely manner. Not sure what changed.
    05-11-12 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD