after installing the new leaked os yesterday, and the leaked facebook app, im getting dual facebook notifications. as in im getting the email and the notification from the app, anyway to get rid of just the email and keep the facebook app notification? thanks
    08-03-10 01:41 AM
    in the apps options/settings, theres a checkbox to shut off the notifications.

w00t, 5000th post.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 08-03-10 at 01:49 AM.
    08-03-10 01:45 AM
    wont that shut of the native notifications too?
    08-03-10 01:47 AM
    no, then that would make the app half pointless wouldnt it.
    08-03-10 01:50 AM
    tried that it just shut it off completley
    08-03-10 01:52 AM
    tried that it just shut it off completley
    it shouldnt have shut it all off.
    08-03-10 01:53 AM
    let me explain a little better, my fault.

theres a box that says turn of ALL notifications
    then theres a link that says turn of all facebook email notifications
    when i click that i get an error
    08-03-10 01:57 AM
    i just reinstalled the beta 1.8. i didnt touch any of the settings yet, as i recall i didnt have to last time i installed it. you could always log into FB on your PC and asjust the settings to not get the emails anymore. the app now doesnt use the emails as the way to make notifications so you should be able to shut them off and still get notifications.
    08-03-10 02:42 AM
    you know what, im having the same issue you are. when i first installed the beta a few weeks ago, this wasnt an issue. not im also getting the double notifications. when i select to turn email notifications off, i get the error. this is strange, i dont recall having to do this last time. and i do feel like going into FB on my computer and unchecking all of them. i wonder if this is a temporary issue.
    08-03-10 07:06 AM
    i went and unchecked all of them and its fine now.
    08-03-10 11:31 AM
    Facebook almost always messes up, a search would help to reveal all of the existing threads. if you aren't getting any notifications, check the settings to see if it's checked off. If it isn't, do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 08:56 PM
    Ya'll are doing it the hard way. Go in on a PC and delete the BB FB app under app settings. If logged in on your BB, you will get logged out. Login on your BB to re-add the app and everything will be back at defaults.

08-03-10 10:59 PM
    Kind of off topic, but where did you find a beta facebook app? Does it improve the craptacular 1.7?

08-03-10 11:33 PM
    yea its an improvement, but its a battery hog. search the 3rd party app forums for the thread. its in beta testing and got leaked. its bad enough on the battery that after having it unplugged for 3-4 hrs im already down to 75% charge. i reinstalled 1.7, i would rather not have the leak.
    08-04-10 12:15 AM
    Thanks! It fixed my main gripe, which was horribly slow loading times for everything. I always thought they had no excuse for that poor code, seeing how snappy the iphone version is. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on my battery bar.

08-04-10 05:23 AM
    Its not too bad. I now keep the fb leak and bb twitter running in the background. I can easily get through a day of pounding fb, twitter and bbm along with general surfing.

Leaked FB, official twitter and beta BBM.

08-04-10 07:21 AM
    Ya'll are doing it the hard way. Go in on a PC and delete the BB FB app under app settings. If logged in on your BB, you will get logged out. Login on your BB to re-add the app and everything will be back at defaults.

This issue was driving me crazy and this worked like a charm, thank you!!
    08-05-10 09:19 AM
    This issue was driving me crazy and this worked like a charm, thank you!!
    Your Welcome!

08-05-10 01:19 PM
    Was just about to DL the leak...glad I didn't as I don't want to lose more battery life...

08-05-10 06:42 PM
    It is not noticeable. Try it and see for yourself; you can always roll back. You will probably decide to keep it once you see the speed improvements.

08-05-10 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD