Had this issue with my 9000 before, and now, I've also got it with the 9700. I installed Facebook, making sure to uncheck the notification option, and yet, there's a stupid icon at the top of my home screen to the left of the time which shows the Facebook f with a 1 next to it. I double-checked my settings, which were good, I tried deleting comments, which didn't help, and I even tried deleting and reinstalling the Facebook app, all to no avail. It's a minor annoyance, but what frustrates me more than the notification is not knowing enough about my Blackberry to get rid of it. Anyone else have this issue, and if so, how'd you kill it for good? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 02:27 PM
    Go to the 'Messages' folder and see if it's in there...
    11-23-10 02:37 PM
    Open the messages folder, press U and it will bring forward any missed unread messages/notifications.

You coud launch the facebook app and check the notifications from there and just delete those as it won't affect anything on facebook.

11-23-10 03:57 PM
    Pressing U in Messages tells me there are no unread messages to view. I'm not getting actual email/text notifications about the goings-on with Facebook, but just the stupid blue f at the top of my homescreen, with the number 1 next to it. For some reason, even though I turned off all notification alerts as I installed Facebook onto this new device, it let one slip by, but that number hasn't increased since. On my Bold 9000, the number reached 27 before I must've done something - and I'd give anything to know WHAT! - to turn them off. Of course, the 27 stayed there until my phone died, and I wonder if the same will happen with the 1 on my current device. Thanks, all.

11-23-10 07:52 PM
    You have removed the battery while the device is ON, wait for minute and replace, right?
    11-23-10 07:55 PM
    This glitch can probably be resolved with a removal, reboot and reinstallation of facebook.

11-23-10 08:02 PM
    Have you tried clearing cache on fb?
    11-23-10 08:22 PM
    I have this same problem and have been unable to get rid of it. I tried deleting and reinstalling the application, checking for new messages, everything. Does anyone have a solution?
    11-27-10 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD