I'm a new owner of a Verizon BB 8530. I have the facebook app yet no notifications come up on the home screen saying I have new messages/comments etc. I seen where there should be an F with an asterik on the home screen when you get new notifications yet I'm not seeing this. The only time I get any sort of notification is if I already have the app open.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    05-09-10 06:59 PM
    See this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/can...cebook-463361/

and welcome to CrackBerry!!!
    05-09-10 07:11 PM
    If I read this right this is for receiving text message alerts. I don't want my notifications to come through my text. I just want to receive the small Facebook icon w/asterik on my home screen so I know I have a new notification if that makes sense.
    05-09-10 07:15 PM
    If I read this right this is for receiving text message alerts. I don't want my notifications to come through my text. I just want to receive the small Facebook icon w/asterik on my home screen so I know I have a new notification if that makes sense.
    Yes, that is true, but it also details how to set up FB so that you receive notifications. Did you look at the screenshots and instructions?
    05-09-10 07:30 PM
    Yes I seen the screenshot but wasn't exactly sure how to get into that particular screen.
    05-09-10 07:33 PM
    Yes I seen the screenshot but wasn't exactly sure how to get into that particular screen.
    Just click on the picture and it will open for preview.
    05-09-10 07:46 PM
    That almost looks like a setup wizard for when you first install Facebook. Do I need to reinstall Facebook?
    05-09-10 07:49 PM
    I found the Setup Wizard and ran it. It says that my Facebook notification contact email is linked to my BlackBerry email. I'm getting the email notifications but I'm not getting the new message notification on the home screen for Facebook.
    05-09-10 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD