My wife and I both have BB 8330 from Alltel. I have gmail and another email set up on mine. I get all of my notifications from Facebook on mine

With my wifes 8330 she has Hotmail as the only email on her BB When we first got our phone 2 weeks ago she got the notifications but now she doesn't. Her email on her BB is the same email as her Facebook and all the setting appear to be the same as mine from what I can tell (maybe I overlooked something).

I tried a battery pull and that didn't work. So I thought I would post something here.

The only other solution I can think is uninstalling Facebook then re installing it. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 04:14 PM
    Yeah I had the same problem with my storm. All you have to do is set her up with a Gmail account and redo her Facebook. Randomly they renumber your email code or something like that then it gets dropped by Facebook. Gmail is the most reliable. I have not had a problem since.
    07-03-09 05:19 PM
    I bet your wife must have Windows Live Installed in her BB or any kind of MSN or Live Messenger installed in any PC. Problem is that when Facebook need to send you a notification, it send something like a "token", just one, if you have one of the apps above mentioned it will get it before her Facebook App.

Solution, switch e-mail account in facebook, or do what I did, and keep your Hotmail account set in your BB and remove all Windows Live or Messenger from BB and PCs, it will work like a charm.
    07-03-09 07:03 PM
    Gmail is the best on a BlackBerry in my opinion, Hotmail has had issues for quite some time, switch email accounts on Facebook and the device to Gmail, that will help...

07-03-09 07:10 PM
    Thanks for the help. The only other app she has is a Weatherbug icon or shortcut. I will suggest to her switching email addresses.

07-03-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the help. The only other app she has is a Weatherbug icon or shortcut. I will suggest to her switching email addresses.

That's in the BB but what about any Windows Live or MSN Messenger running on a PC? I'm telling you by experience, Facebook notification never worked until i unistalled Live Messenger in my PCs.

07-03-09 07:54 PM
    That's in the BB but what about any Windows Live or MSN Messenger running on a PC? I'm telling you by experience, Facebook notification never worked until i unistalled Live Messenger in my PCs.

oh I see. No not on our PC either.
    07-03-09 08:06 PM
    While registering a hotmail account to the blackberry handheld, there's a term that goes like this:
    "Please note that you are required to re-authorize your Windows Live email integration every 90 days. To do this, log into your BlackBerry Internet Service Email account, select your Windows Live email address, and re-enter the password. If this is not done every 90 days, messages from your Windows Live email address will not be delivered to your BlackBerry smartphone until that email address is re-authorized."

If that's the problem..you know what to do

07-04-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD