Trying to figure out why facebook is acting funny. When someone comments on my status I am no longer able to open it without actually going to the facebook site. If it is a photo/video comment it's nbd...I can click right on it and it opens. A co-worker is having the exact same problem. Any fixes??

Thanks
    09-16-09 08:31 PM
    Trying to figure out why facebook is acting funny. When someone comments on my status I am no longer able to open it without actually going to the facebook site. If it is a photo/video comment it's nbd...I can click right on it and it opens. A co-worker is having the exact same problem. Any fixes??

Thanks
    I'm having the same problem and one of my friends started having her problem yesterday.

Anyone know how to fix this? i have taken the battery out. i have deleted and re downloaded the application and it has been no avial.

thanks.
    09-16-09 08:34 PM
    it must be a fb app thing, as i am having similar issues
    09-16-09 08:48 PM
    Ditto for me. The notice appears in my messages folder but nothing happens when I click on it.
    09-16-09 09:08 PM
    There are to many threads on this already. DO a battery pull and see what happens.
    09-16-09 09:09 PM
    There are to many threads on this already. DO a battery pull and see what happens.
    Tried that....didn't work. This is the first thread I saw, sorry.
    09-16-09 09:11 PM
    Battery pull does not work for this, neither does deleting and re-downloading the app. I've been having this same problem since last night, I originally thought it was just a problem I was having, but once I saw another thread on here, it's got to be something on Facebook's end. I've even noticed problems with viewing Facebook on my PC, and I'm sure this has to be a problem on FB's end, because we're all still recieving the e-mails, and they're kicking over to the app no problem, but when it goes to download the info it needs to display the comment/wall post/message/photo comment/whatever it's not getting any information. Notice that you're not getting an audible alert for the ones that you're not able to view? If you've ever noticed as soon as an alert kicks in, it takes a minute before the alert notification sounds, because the app is downloading the info it needs from FB to properly display the comment, since it's not able to get the info needed, it's not alerting you properly... it sucks, I just hope that maybe, it some distant possibility, it has something to do with the updated FB app that's supposed to be coming out... but I'm not holding my breath.
    09-16-09 09:33 PM
    Battery pull does not work for this, neither does deleting and re-downloading the app. I've been having this same problem since last night, I originally thought it was just a problem I was having, but once I saw another thread on here, it's got to be something on Facebook's end. I've even noticed problems with viewing Facebook on my PC, and I'm sure this has to be a problem on FB's end, because we're all still recieving the e-mails, and they're kicking over to the app no problem, but when it goes to download the info it needs to display the comment/wall post/message/photo comment/whatever it's not getting any information. Notice that you're not getting an audible alert for the ones that you're not able to view? If you've ever noticed as soon as an alert kicks in, it takes a minute before the alert notification sounds, because the app is downloading the info it needs from FB to properly display the comment, since it's not able to get the info needed, it's not alerting you properly... it sucks, I just hope that maybe, it some distant possibility, it has something to do with the updated FB app that's supposed to be coming out... but I'm not holding my breath.
    Now THAT was helpful!
    09-16-09 09:37 PM
    Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! I thought it was my phone at 1st.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 12:58 AM
    Even apps like beejive and im+ chat is on and off a lot lately

09-17-09 01:29 AM
    Thanks. I thought it was just me. Just re-loaded the app. Suxxorz. I can still view everything on the "mobile site" just fine...

09-17-09 02:01 AM
    Notice that you're not getting an audible alert for the ones that you're not able to view? If you've ever noticed as soon as an alert kicks in, it takes a minute before the alert notification sounds, because the app is downloading the info it needs from FB to properly display the comment, since it's not able to get the info needed, it's not alerting you properly... it sucks, I just hope that maybe, it some distant possibility, it has something to do with the updated FB app that's supposed to be coming out... but I'm not holding my breath.
    Oh, so THAT'S what it is... Thanks for that, I was wondering what was going on. This is pretty irritating, because I get a LOT of Facebook notifications, and now I have to constantly keep looking at my phone to see if I've gotten any
    09-17-09 06:55 AM
    Yea seems like facebook is really dropping the ball latley on there app. Seems to be so many issues popping up latley with no fixes at all. I can't post pics at all from my phone and seems lots of other people cant either. Wondering if they are just saying screw it because they are puting out there opdated app shortly. It is a real pain though cause I get tired of getting these notification and then I cant even look at them.
    09-17-09 07:46 AM
    Maybe an update is comming ?
    09-17-09 08:08 AM
    me too reloaded nothing????
    09-17-09 08:19 AM
    Thanks for this Last night I actually posted my fb status asking if anyother bb users were having fb problems....but I couldn't open the responses and had to go to mobile site. LOL. Thanks again, I'm still in the 30 day period with my storm - I was going to Verizon today to reactiviate my Curve. I'll give it another day or two.
    09-17-09 08:20 AM
    Definite FB issue considering you can't even view the messages under the notification area on the FB app either. I actually contacted FB on this yesterday with no response....

09-17-09 08:33 AM
    Same issue here, called T-Mobile support and Blackberry support, they had no idea. They suggested delete the app and reinstall. Did that like the rest of you and still no go. Went into the T-Mobile store, no help there either. Even went so far as to wipe the device and reload the OS and everything else, nada. As the majority say here it probably is a FB issue and getting support from them is tough.
    09-17-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD