Hi all.. I've noticed in the past week I have not been receiving ANY facebook notifications come thru to my bold, I have the latest version installed but I'm not getting any messages,wall posts, events, freind requests come thru even tho I am getting them on my facebook when using my laptop.. Status updates seem to be working fine but that's about it.. I'm using bold on orange in the uk its been working fine up until recently.. Anybody know why or as this happened to anyone else????

Thanks for your time people.
    08-06-09 08:00 AM
    I've been having issues with my facebook app as well. My notifications come late. Even if I already added a friend... A msg will come thru hrs or even days later saying someone has requested to add me as a friend ! When I had already accepted the person through my laptop. Anyone know how to fix these delays ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 08:03 AM
    I think the FB notifications on the BB are all email driven. When Facebook sends you an email, the app takes the email and routes it into the FB app. That's why you need to have your FB email address set up on your BB. Any issues I have ever had with delays were a result of emails not being delivered to my blackberry in a timely manner.

You might try resending your service books. Sometimes that will fix email delivery issues.

08-06-09 08:21 AM
    Not too sure how to resend service books I've had a look in the service book options but can't see anything to resend..so I can't try that option + I have my email account set up on my bold which has my facebook set up too so i can't see any problems there... Altho it was annoying getting message alert after message alert every time I got comments on pics ect I'm kind of missing the alerts now lol...
    08-06-09 08:51 AM
    i think the facebook app has been having problems... a lot of ppl are having issues with it right now
    08-06-09 09:04 AM
    I'm on WAP, so I can't tell what carrier you're with, but to resend service books you need to go to your carriers BIS site from your computer. A quick search of crackberry should provide you with a list of carrier BIS site addresses.

08-06-09 09:15 AM
    SAme here. I've been having issues as well. I think it's a mix of things. My roommate, with a dumbphone, has received friend requests texted to her 12 hours after she approved them online. I'm not getting status updates or notifications within the program.

My guess is a mixture of e-mails not being sent from Facebook themselves and the app going haywire. I've been just sitting around, waiting for it to correct itself.
    08-06-09 09:18 AM
    Man, I'm glad I didn't upgrade to the new Facebook.

Try deleting it and re-installing an older version of FB app, or just use the mobile FB from your browser.
    08-06-09 09:28 AM
    Me too, it hasn't been reliable.
    08-06-09 09:29 AM
    This prolly has nothing to do with the fb app itself. As said re-send your service books. If that doesn't work, it's prolly fb and not the bb app.
    08-06-09 10:51 AM
    facebook is having issues as well as twitter
    08-06-09 10:58 AM
    I just heard twitter is getting dos attacks....

*withdrawl*

The service book for facebook I believe is only used for the facebook calendar.
    08-06-09 11:22 AM
    I just heard twitter is getting dos attacks....

*withdrawl*

The service book for facebook I believe is only used for the facebook calendar.
    But remember, facebook notifications work thru your blackberry email address, whatever address you have registered with fb.
    08-06-09 11:24 AM
    Check that you are still actually receiving the notifications in your regular email. If they don't go into regular email then they won't get pushed to the BB which means nothing will ever show up in the app.

Are you getting other emails from the same account on the BB?

Some email services put the fb notifications into junk mail and if that happens they won't be pushed to the bb so make sure that's not happening either.

Most important is to log in to your email and verify that fb messages are showing in your inbox so they do go to BB. My guess is this is where the problem is.

08-06-09 12:47 PM
    thanks for all the suggestions. ive had a look at my email account to which my facebook account is set up with and since last month my facebook notifications have been sent to my spam box for some reason so i guess this is where the problem is for me and maybe many others so thanks to mark-d for pointing that out
    08-06-09 02:30 PM
    I have been reading FB was also hammered by a DDoS today. Not as bad a twitter, but definitely slowing things down for me too.
    08-06-09 02:53 PM
    mine is back to normal now after setting my google account to never spam facebook email notifications all good...
    08-06-09 02:56 PM
    my fb didnt work on my bold till i re-setup my e-mail accounts
    08-06-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD