Past few days I have been having problems with my facebook every time I go to close it, it does not shut down it still runs in the background and I think it been draining my battery as my battery has been going down faster then normal.

Anyone else with this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 11:39 AM
    Hate to revive an old(ish) thread but I'm having the same problem. I updated to the latest FB and now when I close out using the back button or manual do it through the menu, it still runs in the background. I just did a battery pull to get rid of it from running in the background but I was hoping someone had found a fix for it. I may just end up uninstalling it since I don't really need it but it would be nice to have it on there.
    02-15-10 01:16 AM
    A simple solution that I found was an easier/better solution:

Keep in mind the Facebook app I used was quite a bit older then the ones currently available!

1) on your berry, wander over to m.facebook.com (I think that's the correct address)
    2) log-in as normal, then bookmark the page
    3) delete the facebook app
    4) battery pull
    5) be happy, knowing that the mobile site allows much more flexiblity and that it won't always be searching for updates, thus saving your battery life.

good luck
    02-15-10 07:54 AM
    ive noticed this sometimes too, and i usually do a reboot to resolve it. but i actually found that sometimes it just stalls when closing (remains in app switcher). if i go back into it, re-close it properly, and it still shows i just ignore it. if i go back 5 mins later and check app switcher, it closed. so my advice is to re-close it and come back and check it in a few mins. if it still does this on a regular basis and still refuses to close, try reinstalling the app.
    02-15-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD