Hey guys, I just noticed that for Facebook notifications doesn't show up for me in the notification bar/screen. Any idea what could be the problem here? Though it does show up for BBM, MSN, emails and SMS messages.
    10-29-10 09:37 PM
    Disable notifications and re-enable them. Do not config anything in FB via a PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 10:38 PM
    I'm not talking about the notifications that are on Facebook's application, the notification panel (at the top) of the home screen.
    10-30-10 05:19 PM
    Do you have "blackberry message application" checked in the facebook options? The notification bar only shows notifications for apps integrated with the messages app.

10-30-10 05:30 PM
    Nope I have turned that option off. So that's what causing the problem I suppose.

Thanks a lot!
    10-30-10 07:06 PM
    In Social Media, make sure that the option is selected by opening SM, the Options and then Display.

10-30-10 07:44 PM
    Uh yes that is causing ur issue. Twitter, Yahoo and other RIM apps must report to messages to get notifications there. I wrote how notifications work just after getting my Torch.

Searching would pick up threads of this nature.

10-30-10 09:24 PM
    Do you have "blackberry message application" checked in the facebook options? The notification bar only shows notifications for apps integrated with the messages app.

I've developed this issue too after upgrading to .284. Facebook notifications is checked like it's always been for me, but I'm not receiving notifications any more. Never had a problem pre .284.
    10-31-10 07:43 AM
    Poke someone after setting things up as decribed above. When they poke back, the notification will work.

10-31-10 09:29 AM
    I also dont get notifications in the bar. If I turn on message notifications it just fill my inbox with them, but still nothing on the homescreen. Any more ideas to try ?
    10-31-10 03:08 PM
    There seems to be a general misunderstanding of how these work. You do not get notified of every status update or news thread update. You only get that if YOU comment on a particular post and someone replies, a poke to you directly or a response, a friend request / acceptance or a message to you directly. When using BB FB notifications you also MUST NOT change any email notification on FB via a PC (before someone asks, yes this includes doing so from a Mac).

10-31-10 03:16 PM
    Good info and thanks.
    10-31-10 03:42 PM
    And if you want them in the notification area you must check the Messages Integrate box within the BB FB app options. The news feeds and status updates will show up but the app will not alarm until you are contacted directly as noted above.

10-31-10 03:54 PM
    Good reminder shansmi.

My FB notifications are just plain dead. Never had trouble before this OS version. I even re-loaded .284. I think I'll go back to .246 and see if it corrects.
    10-31-10 04:41 PM
    I am on 284. I ran the latest 1.8 and am now running the 1.9 beta. Working here. One thing to try is login via a PC and delete the BB FB app under app settings. This will log you out on your BB. Login again on your Berry and flip off / on notifications. That should do it. Never forget they are linked. This trick has been around since the release of 1.8.

10-31-10 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD