Hey everyone! I DID try searching for these before hand...

Previously I was able to select specific tones for any Facebook notifications after I downloaded the Facebook app for my Tour.

Example...
    > "Select a Sound Profile"
    > "Set Ring Tones/Alerts"
    > "Other"
    > There USED to be an option for all the different Facebook notifications - NOW they're GONE!

There's still the ones for my UberTwitter and Browser but the Facebook has gone missing.

FYI...
    1. Yes, there is still an audible alert.
    2. Have NOT done any backups recently and have NOT installed any conflicting programs.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Dom
    12-13-09 09:17 PM
    You could try to do a battery pull and if that doesnt work try reinstalling the facebook app.
    12-13-09 09:24 PM
    I'll try the battery pull but I did unistall, reboot and reinstall with no luck.

Also, side question, is QuickPull NOT the same as doing an actual battery pull?
    12-13-09 09:38 PM
    Quickpull only does a reboot and a battery pull will clear the memory.
    12-13-09 09:53 PM
    Ok, still no luck AND it's not pulling any calendar information from Facebook. I have it all set through the app to use those functions and I've given the app all the right permissions.

I'm thinking about restoring a backup from a few days ago that I'm pretty sure it was all acting normal.

Any thoughts?
    12-13-09 09:55 PM
    Also you need to set up you blackberry email address to your facebook account. Try that and let me know.
    12-13-09 10:07 PM
    Yep, did all that with no luck.

BUT...

Just did a backup and all is well again. I tried comparing the setting (EVERYWHERE) from what I had when it wasn't working and now that it is again - all the same.

One of those "it is what it is" moments I guess! Went back to the lesson of trail and error on this one! =)

Thanks!
    12-13-09 10:48 PM
    I'm having the same issue. All of the sudden, Facebook and Myspace dissapeared from my Ring Tones/Alert list. How can this possibly happen!? Weird... I'm running a tour too on sprint
    12-21-09 10:34 PM
    I have a Storm 9530 and recently (finally) upgraded to Blackberry 5.0 OS and am having the same problem. I'm not getting any alert sounds anymore and no ringtone/set alerts in other for Facebook. Help!
    Last edited by sweetchuckie; 05-08-11 at 08:23 PM.
    05-08-11 08:01 PM
    Facebook alerts is now working (or at least I was able to assign an alert tone to it! I still don't understand why I am not getting any other alerts for emails/BBM.
    05-08-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD