My husband has the WE 8830, he is able to download the facebook application, but when he tries to go to "mobile site" it just won't load. He is able to see that main page of facebook for blackberry where it shows "new messages" and all that, but when hitting the "dots" button (as I call it aka the bb button) to go to the mobile site it takes forever and at the end says "communication error". I didn't know if there was some sort of software update we could do or if any of you are having this issue. The same thing happened for MySpace. Please help!!! I hope this makes sense!!
    05-27-09 12:10 PM
    My husband has the WE 8830, he is able to download the facebook application, but when he tries to go to "mobile site" it just won't load. He is able to see that main page of facebook for blackberry where it shows "new messages" and all that, but when hitting the "dots" button (as I call it aka the bb button) to go to the mobile site it takes forever and at the end says "communication error". I didn't know if there was some sort of software update we could do or if any of you are having this issue. The same thing happened for MySpace. Please help!!! I hope this makes sense!!
    I have an 8830 and haven't had this issue at all. Is he able to browse other sites on the internet, i.e. Google, CNN, etc? Also go check Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> Facebook and see what version he's running. For example, mine is 1.5.0.32.
    05-27-09 10:48 PM
    Check the browser options and the IE emulation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD