Why won't my places work on my 9780 :s it shows other people places etc ..
    A message will say 'unable to retrieve your location..try again later' been like that for couple days now.. My friends one works?? 3G is showing up too will full bars nd bb service logo

Foursquare works though that's what confuses me ??

My current bb os: .570
    And fb version: 2.0.0.37

Anyone know a fix??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 03:57 AM
    try to go outside your house or any place that gps signal can easily detected. Also, you can check at options>gps if it is enabled, if so then try to get signal on open field for gps.
    08-17-11 08:07 AM
    try to go outside your house or any place that gps signal can easily detected. Also, you can check at options>gps if it is enabled, if so then try to get signal on open field for gps.
    I Tried that, disabled the gps and then re-enabled .. still says 'unknown' dont get it :\ something wrong with the os?
    08-17-11 01:55 PM
    I don't have an answer for you. Mine has been doing the same thing since July. GPS enabled, new FB ap. Start over square 1? Bold 9700 same os but FB is 2.0.0.50.
    10-25-11 09:03 PM
    Facebook quietly pulled the plug on "Places" several months ago. It could not compete with Foursquare and Twitter for that stuff. For a while it worked, but obviously they may have now shut it down altogether.
    10-26-11 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD