So I got rid of the data plan on my Blackberry. And yes, I know it's a stupid move, and I plan on getting it back as soon as possible. In the meantime, I want to activate Facebook Mobile so that I can update my status via text message, as well as receive texts of notifications, etc. I have followed the steps on facebook, entering my country and carrier, and texting "f" to FBOOK, and I receive no confirmation code text back. I have contacted customer support, and we have a thread of about 15 emails in between us, and they finally just emailed me and said that it must be a carrier problem, and I needed to call them. I have AT&T, and I know about 20 other people who use Facebook Mobile, and none of them have any trouble, or had any trouble signing up, so I don't really see how it's AT&T's problem. And do I just call AT&T up and tell them that I can receive text messages from everyone except Facebook? that sounds a little silly, and I hesitated to do it before getting on here and seeing if anyone else had any ideas, thoughts, suggestions. TIA
    09-09-09 04:45 PM
    you can just use the FB app...
    09-09-09 06:35 PM
    you can just use the FB app...
    No they can't. Did you miss the part about no data plan?

Have you tried logging on to facebook from a PC and verifying your notification settings?
    09-09-09 06:40 PM
    But using the facebook app on my blackberry without having a data plan would rack up the data charges, wouldn't it? I don't have unlimited data anymore, so I just wanted Facebook Texting to update my status until I got the data plan back. And I actually tried to log in on my facebook app (I hadn't deleted it yet) and it wouldn't let me do it -maybe you need to have a data plan to even use the app?
    09-09-09 06:41 PM
    Thanks Brinky! I thought i must have mistyped something! LOL

How exactly to I verify my notification settings? I mean, I've gone to settings, and then to "mobile" to try to set it up - is there somethign else I can do from the PC?
    09-09-09 06:43 PM
    Ok so I checked my actual "notification" settings, and there is the option to check if I want to be notified by SMS. But the check boxes are all in grayscale, and I can't check them - obviously until my account is linked with a cell phone to send the sms's to! Which facebook is not letting me do. So I guess I'm back to square one, unless someone else has a suggestion? Thanks again in advance - so far I've never had a problem related to my phone that Crackberry couldn't fix! LOL
    09-09-09 06:52 PM
    Thanks Brinky! I thought i must have mistyped something! LOL

How exactly to I verify my notification settings? I mean, I've gone to settings, and then to "mobile" to try to set it up - is there somethign else I can do from the PC?
    Actually try under mobile. Not sure if you can reassociate a phone. You might try removing the phone and then adding it again.

I just did that as it was still associated with my AT&T account. Took a good 5 minutes to get a response back, but I did get it a confirmation code.

But I am guessing this is what you have already done, so I got nothing else.
    09-09-09 06:53 PM
    No they can't. Did you miss the part about no data plan?

Have you tried logging on to facebook from a PC and verifying your notification settings?
    oh, I was thinking they just didnt have a blackberry plan, not a general a general data plan.

my b.
    09-09-09 06:55 PM
    oh, I was thinking they just didnt have a blackberry plan, not a general a general data plan.

my b.
    Can't tell you the number of times I have replied without actually reading the whole post and making an a$$ out of myself. Not saying you did that.... Just saying
    09-09-09 06:58 PM
    So I got rid of the data plan on my Blackberry. And yes, I know it's a stupid move, and I plan on getting it back as soon as possible. In the meantime, I want to activate Facebook Mobile so that I can update my status via text message, as well as receive texts of notifications, etc. I have followed the steps on facebook, entering my country and carrier, and texting "f" to FBOOK, and I receive no confirmation code text back. I have contacted customer support, and we have a thread of about 15 emails in between us, and they finally just emailed me and said that it must be a carrier problem, and I needed to call them. I have AT&T, and I know about 20 other people who use Facebook Mobile, and none of them have any trouble, or had any trouble signing up, so I don't really see how it's AT&T's problem. And do I just call AT&T up and tell them that I can receive text messages from everyone except Facebook? that sounds a little silly, and I hesitated to do it before getting on here and seeing if anyone else had any ideas, thoughts, suggestions. TIA
    If you are texting to FBOOK by letters that my be your problem. Use the number 32665 instead and you should get the code right away. Just set mine up and it works.
    09-09-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD