i posted this in the General Forum, but after 191 views, no one has the decency to even attempt to let me know if they have the issue too.

i updated my 9780 to .570 and noticed the FB mobile site is all squished and the font/texts are overlapping. its ONLY for the FB site, no others. also when the site loads, it gives my a "Loading.." icon with a spinning icon also, this looks new, almost like the mobile site is an app. does anyone else have this problem? just goto the FB mobile site and check for me. im trying to see if its from something i shrunk or the site itself.
    05-23-11 08:41 PM
    You could look at the bright side.. 191 viewers were wise enough to keep their mouths shut when they didn't have anything useful to say...

I'm on .546 so I don't know if I can be of any use, but here goes nothing.

Did you try changing the browser's font size? I also didn't get any "Loading..." stuff. Can you post a picture?

Mine seems normal... Althou I'm not quite sure what normal should be since this is the 1st time on the mobile page.

05-23-11 08:56 PM
    yea lemme get some screen shots.
    05-23-11 08:59 PM
    Here are the screen shots. And that "loading..." Screen is in the browser, not the app!
    05-23-11 09:08 PM
    Did you give the fonts a try? Both browser and device settings to rule that out?
    05-23-11 09:17 PM
    Did you give the fonts a try? Both browser and device settings to rule that out?
    thing is, i shrunk out the same fonts i shrunk out on .546 and there wasnt a problem. ill double check, in case i did shrink another one out. the only issue is that it only happens with FB, and no other website. changing the font size or font doesnt effect it. it almost seems like something new with the website because of the new loading screen.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-23-11 at 09:29 PM.
    05-23-11 09:23 PM
    I had an issue with some site and changing the font sizes, while I didn't expect it to work, solved the problem.

And you don't really have anything else to try, eh? Might as well...
    05-23-11 09:25 PM
    well im wondering if .570 has something to do with this since it worked just fine on .546.
    05-23-11 09:31 PM
    Not talking about shrinking out fonts in the os load. In settings try changing the font size for your browser to a smaller size.
    05-24-11 02:37 PM
    Not talking about shrinking out fonts in the os load. In settings try changing the font size for your browser to a smaller size.
    did that, didnt work.
    05-24-11 03:59 PM
    Facebook has been making changes to their mobile site. The facebook 2.0 is pretty good, and a big step up from its predecessor
    05-24-11 05:40 PM
    so NO ONE else with a 9780 running .570 can check their FB mobile site for me and see if they have this issue????
    05-24-11 11:18 PM
    ok so i reloaded the font cods i shrunk with BBSAK, and it didnt fix the issue.....immediately. i still dont think it had anything to do with the fix.

i went to the mobile site without going through the app by typing in "facebook.com" and it redirected me to m.facebook.com/home and the site worked normally again. i then went to the app, and in the menu went to the mobile site. it directed me to m.facebook.com/?_rdr with that new "Loading" icon and then resulted in the messed up text again. i closed it and tried again, and the app redirected me properly to the m.facebook.com/home site. all seems to be working again.

like i said, i dont think it had to do with the font cods, but oh well. i wonder if i was somehow being redirected to a beta or test mobile site view.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-24-11 at 11:46 PM.
    05-24-11 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD