I am using Facebook version 1.9.0.26, I have updated to OS 6 (.461), and I have encountered an issue with Facebook messaging. Not IM, but actual messaging. When I got a message from a friend, I could not view it, it said it had been removed from the server. It was still on FB and I could read and reply via mobile site. However, it still showed in my bb messages. I tried to delete it and it would not delete, had this issue multiple times, battery pull deletes it. No, instead I get a duplicate message in the bb messages, neither of which will delete and battery pull doesn't delete either one. I even deleted the message in the FB app and it was still there, cleared FB cache, still there, still won't delete, battery pull still a no go. So, my question is, has anyone encountered this issue and can help me remove these useless message notifications? I would like to turn on that message integration again, but it remain off until I can delete those messages. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 09:52 PM
    I'd delete the app and download from the app world again.
    02-22-11 10:30 PM
    Yep same problem here. It started with fb 1.9 when I was on OS5. Still there with OS6.448. What I do is just hide them or ignor them. Sooner or later they do go away. I know, I don't like it either.

02-22-11 10:41 PM
    It's an uncorrected bug in the app. Nothing can be done unless a fix is released. From now until then, use the mobile site.

02-24-11 07:23 PM
    I have the same problem with the OS6 Facebook app as well... so, I think, it is the app causing this problem. I installed SocialFeed and i use that to reply for a message.
    02-24-11 10:37 PM
    Yep - same problems here that you described. The bug for this FB version is terrible. Grrr. I feel your pain!

02-24-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD