After some research, I decided to post my question directly as i couldnt find any concrete answers to my question.
    I use the facebook app for my 8900, and i love it. The only fact i cant stand is that my mail inbox on the bb is full of less important facebook notifications and its hard to find the "real" mail.
    Is there any way to exclude those facebook mails in the inbox view of my bb?

cheers, flogro
    08-01-09 09:21 AM
    You have to change your account settings from Facebook under "notifications" there's a bunch of radio buttons and you can manage what email notifications you get for what
    08-01-09 09:25 AM
    thanks for the reply.
    The point is, I wanna receive the notifications. I just dont want them to flood my mailbox on my blackberry and prevent me from finding my regular mail.
    greets
    08-01-09 09:30 AM
    i just recognised there is already a separate folder for fb messages on my bb, the problem is, when i hit the mail button i get a view of ALL folders. I'd need just a view of my folder "inbox". ideas?
    08-01-09 09:52 AM
    I don't get it, you want the notifications, but you don't want so many of them that they make your mail hard to find. The answer to that would be to stop getting notifications. IF you have the FB app on your BB, why do you need the email notifications?
    08-01-09 10:03 AM
    What I would do, is change the settings in your Facebook so they don't send you E-MAIL notifications. As long as your contact e-mail for facebook is an e-mail account on your blackberry, that Facebook application will still notify of things but you just won't have e-mails flooding to your inbox. I would say that's the best way
    08-01-09 10:23 AM
    You can achieve what you want under the options in the Facebook app.

Hit menu then options and you'll see that you can integrate Facebook with your calendar, messages and contacts applications.

If you uncheck the messages box the FB b notifications will go the the FB app only and won't show up in your BB mailbox as well.
    08-01-09 11:21 AM
    You can achieve what you want under the options in the Facebook app.

Hit menu then options and you'll see that you can integrate Facebook with your calendar, messages and contacts applications.

If you uncheck the messages box the FB b notifications will go the the FB app only and won't show up in your BB mailbox as well.
    I had the same question as the OP. Thanks for the answer.
    08-05-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD