searched but no answers...

is it just me or does your 9700 completely just LAG when facebook is running?

it didn't do it with my 8900 or my 9000... and when i first got the 9700.. but now it's bad.

i thought it was cause i never did a clean install of firmwares so this time i completely wiped my phone before install and it's still LAGGY!

it's pretty annoying!
    05-07-10 11:31 AM
    I think it's just you... and why are you leaving Facebook up and running while you are using your phone anyways... I just did it and mine is running fine... but why are you doing it???
    05-07-10 11:41 AM
    i don't .. just sometimes i click end instead of going though all the windows to close the app.. and even the app itself is laggy.. i just tired it and even when i close the app it takes the phone a few seconds to catch up to speed..

damn.. what;s wrong with this thing? everythig else is flawless..
    05-07-10 11:46 AM
    It is the app. It does this on all 4 of my devices running various loads. If you clear the cache and let it update again it will get better or I should say it does for me. I only use the app to post pics otherwise I use the mobile website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 11:56 AM
    ive noticed a similar thing, because of this i never leave it open while using other applications.... long and short of it.. the fb app is subpar...rim needs to develop something faster and better.. cause noone like "slow" anything
    05-07-10 12:31 PM
    It slows my device too when it's Refreshing and, specially, when loading images (and I don't mean photos, I mean Avatars).
    05-07-10 01:01 PM
    Delete it and use the mobile site.
    05-07-10 01:14 PM
    I don't use FB, but my GF has on 8320 & 9700 and she had problems on both devices. Freezes, spontaneous reboots, etc
    05-07-10 01:16 PM
    Download snaptu, Social Beat, or request to have Social Scope (some people have been waiting for months for this one so good luck), as these are also applications to use Facebook or just use the browser like others have recommended.

searched but no answers...

is it just me or does your 9700 completely just LAG when facebook is running?

it didn't do it with my 8900 or my 9000... and when i first got the 9700.. but now it's bad.

i thought it was cause i never did a clean install of firmwares so this time i completely wiped my phone before install and it's still LAGGY!

it's pretty annoying!
    05-07-10 07:02 PM
    +1 for both Snaptu and the mobile FaceBook site. Either one runs well on my 9000. The FaceBook app has too many problems for many people.
    05-08-10 06:01 AM
    my pearl 8130 would pretty much choke and die on the FB app... and for what I use FB for, the app was kinda limited.

+1 for mobile FaceBook site. no lag, one less app eating precious memory, and the functionality I need.

-1 for facebook app. Laggy and limited. BOO
    05-08-10 11:11 AM
    The app doesn't really lag for me or slow my 9530 down but it certainly does leak memory more than I'd like. I just deleted it the other day and use the mobile site only. I really only used it for uploading pics anyways so I never really had it running for a while but I can certainly see it slowing things down if I did run it for longer.
    05-08-10 11:21 AM
    Oh well, uploading pics on the Facebook app isn't a great idea, because of the low quality of the photos once uploaded. You had better send them by email (you have a personalised email address to which send photos and status changes).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 02:53 AM
    I deleted the Facebook app as well, but rather than the mobile site, I have been using the Facebook app included within Snaptu.
    05-10-10 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD