Ok, I am trying to help my wife with her Blackberry 8530. She is having problems with deleting messages from Facebook that she receives on her phone in her messages. For some strange reason she is not able to delete the messages she receives, though they have been deleted on the computer in Facebook. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-05-10 01:03 AM
    Found this at the BB support forums-

The only way that I worked out to rectify was this is.........

Go into facebook application

Go to options

Then untick the BlackBerry application messages button

Save

This will delete all the messages from the ***MESSAGES*** but you can still receive the notifications in the normal way and view them normally through the facebook app.
    12-08-10 02:09 AM
    I'm having the same problem I spent like 5 min. trying to delete them then I realized that none of them are deleting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 06:23 AM
    problems have been seen with the new facebook if your running 1.9 pm me and ill give you an ota link for 1.8 works great . i was even getting messages from last year with 1.9
    Lyspaere likes this.
    12-08-10 11:16 AM
    There was a thread about this issue yesterday that disappeared in the last few hours. Now, not only am I disturbed about the Facebook messages issue, I'm wondering why entire threads would vanish on a forum designed to help people conquer these types of issues...

Edit: the other thread reappeared.
    Last edited by sober.biker; 12-08-10 at 04:31 PM. Reason: new information
    12-08-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD