Okay so I have surfed old threads and tried many different things but it's being a HUGE pain!

I used to get Facebook notifications, but they would *not* go to my BB mailbox. Ever since I installed OS 5.0, I don't get notifications on my BB unless I check the "leave email notifications on mail server" option. So I can't get facebook notifications on my BB unless I send them to my mailbox and it's obnoxious because it's *so* cluttered!

Anyone else having this issue? Any idea on how to fix?
    01-18-10 02:35 PM
    If I were you I would delete the app completely and re-install it again. See if that
    works. If not, let us know.
    01-18-10 02:47 PM
    I concur. Im having NO problems with FB on a 5.0 Hybrid
    01-18-10 03:01 PM
    No issues with receiving FB, but seem to have a issue with memory drain if FB is being used.
    01-18-10 09:02 PM
    I concur, no issues with the app other than every now and then it will be unable to connect.
    01-18-10 09:19 PM
    I'm noticing a LOT of the people that are saying they have a lot of memory drain on 5.0 have Facebook.

I just deleted it off my Bold. Lets see if there is any change tomorrow.

**EDIT- after removing Facebook and rebooting, I noticed a LOT more free memory than the 1.3 MB of memory that Facebook was supposed to take up. And, my Bold is running MUCH smoother!

**Edit 2 - OK, so I disabled the AutoReboot I had set in QuickPull. I've been up and running since 11:30 PM last night without the Facebook installed (on 5.0.0.411 swedish build) and My memory has actually gone UP by 1mb since the battery pull. That's with about 15 emails coming in, a few BBmessenger messages, and an MMS.
    I've gone into Blackberry Appworld and sent a "Support Request" on the Facebook app explaining this. Maybe if enough people will do this, RIM will look at the app since they developed it. BUT, I think we are on to the source of the memory leak in 5.0!!
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 01-19-10 at 07:54 AM.
    01-18-10 10:39 PM
    Wolfman I am uninstalling now. I'm going to run without it for the day and see how my memory is. I did have almost 50mb when I first got 5.0, then it started dropping and now I run about 12 average! I wonder if this will turn out to be the cause for me as well...
    01-19-10 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD