So I have noticed on facebook I am not getting all of my notifications that I am signed up with through my email. This had been noticed since I got my torch the day it came out. I have the newest version of fb and updated my os with no luck. Will there be a fix coming out does anyone know?

My second issue noticed with the torch is that while on calls my face will accidently touch the mute or hold button on the touchscreen. I try to be careful not to touch the phone but it happens almost everytime. Is there a way to turn this off? Or some kind of solution? It never happens tome using my boyfriends iphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 12:09 AM
    Sorry for the double post.. Using my torch and it reloaded the page

10-24-10 12:10 AM
    Hmmm. If you turn off BB FB app notifications and then enable email notifications via a PC to your liking, they work fine.

The BB FB app and FB are linked. You do not get both. You should get email for thing you have config'd on a PC that the BB FB App does not alarm for but you will not get both.

10-24-10 08:22 AM
    My second issue noticed with the torch is that while on calls my face will accidently touch the mute or hold button on the touchscreen. I try to be careful not to touch the phone but it happens almost everytime. Is there a way to turn this off? Or some kind of solution? It never happens tome using my boyfriends iphone

This shouldn't happen unless a) You're using some type of screen protector. Some have been known to interfere with the "proximity sensor" that is supposed to black out your touchscreen when your on a call. If that's not the case, then i'd say b) your proximity sensor is possibly defective and you could need a replacement. When it's working properly, as you hold the phone to your ear, it should black out..and when you pull it away..it should "activate" and light up. If it's staying on while your holding it to your ear, then I'd suggest getting a replacement.
    10-24-10 08:50 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I have turned off fb notifications and will wait to see if all my emails come through.

I am using a screen protector. Invisashield or something like that. Its pretty much the same as the bestskinsever. Hmm I never used a bb without a screen protector. Which ones are working best with the proximity sensor?

10-24-10 11:08 AM
    bump?

still wondering about the screen protector issue.. it's getting to the point where I just want to remove it all together now..

anyone know of one that doesn't mess with the proximity sensor while on a call??
    11-14-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD