Anybody else having problems with the display in facebook. Specifically, whenever I'm in the menu, hte items don't hilight correctly. THe alignment is all messed up.
    12-18-08 09:34 AM
    Everyone has an issue with facebook, i use myspace, but if you look around, alot of people regardless of the device have a a facebook issue

why facebook is intergrated to th OS is behoynd me
    12-18-08 09:36 AM
    I am not having any issues with my Facebook, it works seemlessly with me..
    12-18-08 09:57 AM
    I'm a huge Storm fan but the facebook app is pathetic compared to the one available on the iPhone/iPod
    12-18-08 10:07 AM
    the facebook app is terrible i use the mobile site instead
    12-18-08 10:22 AM
    same problem here. i think it has something do with the fact that the menus in the FB app are TINY!!!! you d have t have a stylus for a finger to select seomthing accurately
    12-18-08 10:24 AM
    New facebook application early next month. Just wait. I use the mobile web site currently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 10:39 AM
    Facebook application is definitely lacking on so many areas. I can't wait to see what the new one has installed.
    12-18-08 11:00 AM
    AGREED! Facebook is my number one site/app on the BB until new things come out. (aside from CB) The mobile site is waaaaaay better... you can actually access it from the FB app (BB button, go to mobile site... although I'm sure you know that)
    12-18-08 11:11 AM
    If you have ever used the iphone/ipod touch facebook app, it will break your heart to use the BB version. Why anyone thought it made sense to send the user to the mobile version to look at profiles is beyond me. Commenting on status updates is a must too.

Now having said that, the BB myspace app is actually very good.
    Last edited by citi; 12-18-08 at 02:12 PM.
    12-18-08 11:25 AM
    OH PLEASE pray that this is updated within in the next few months (I know it's supposed to be)... this is my social landline! HaHa
    12-18-08 11:30 AM
    Everyone has an issue with facebook, i use myspace, but if you look around, alot of people regardless of the device have a a facebook issue

why facebook is intergrated to th OS is behoynd me

Dude this in no way addresses the OP's question. OP asked about the calibration of the screen in selecting options...this is clearly a software or hardware issue, it is not a discussion on the merits of the different types of social networks.
    12-18-08 11:43 AM
    the reason the iPhone/iPod Touch facebook app is so much better is because facebook designed that application specifically for those devices. i wish facebook would give us some love too
    12-18-08 12:28 PM
    the reason the iPhone/iPod Touch facebook app is so much better is because facebook designed that application specifically for those devices. i wish facebook would give us some love too
    They will... just like facebook designed our app specifically for Blackberries. It's coming in the next few months.
    12-18-08 12:31 PM
    My facebook won't receive anything.
    I've sent several messages to myself, and nothing came back.

I've set all the permissions to allow and even re-downloaded the app.....

what to do?
    12-19-08 10:19 AM
    My facebook won't receive anything.
    I've sent several messages to myself, and nothing came back.

I've set all the permissions to allow and even re-downloaded the app.....

what to do?
    Is your facebook email the same as your blackberry main blackberry email account? That is the only way you will receive push notifications.
    12-20-08 01:17 AM
    anyone knwo what the new fb app is going to have that the current one does not? Or for that matter when it will be out?
    12-20-08 01:42 AM
    i mean i pay for internet access, so the fact that I have facebook.com available on my phone almost cancels out the fact that the Facebook App blows. why would they make an app into a notifier? if I wanted emails, i'd have the Real Facebook send them to me...on my phone...no need for a middle man.

*yes i have the alignment issue too when i press the blackberry button...weird they have not fixed it yet..
    12-20-08 01:46 AM
    as posted on many of threads. the facebook app is garbage at least for me and many others. no notifications, no updates and most of the time the status doesn't update right...

stick with the mobile version, way more reliable...
    12-20-08 02:06 AM
    I don't get any notifications.
    12-20-08 11:40 PM
    Is your facebook email the same as your blackberry main blackberry email account? That is the only way you will receive push notifications.
    No its not. My facebook email is my college email address and my main blackberry email account is a yahoo address... and I still receive notifications.
    12-22-08 08:00 AM
    Where is the information that we will get a new Facebook Application in the next few months?
    12-22-08 08:18 AM
    Where is the information that we will get a new Facebook Application in the next few months?
    Facebook App Version 1.5 Coming in Early 2009! | CrackBerry.com
    12-22-08 08:25 AM
    Awesome, thanks.
    12-22-08 08:54 AM
    Just curious for those that are still having the alignment problem with the menu. What version are you on?

I think mine got fixed with the .76 upgrade and is fine on .83 as well.
    12-22-08 09:21 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD