Is there a reason that FB for the Blackberry (Storm anyway) cannot be similar, if not exactly, like the version for Ipod/Iphone? It is not even close in functionality.
    06-26-09 11:17 AM
    actually besides chat, 1.6 is very close to iphone facebook. The difference is, Facebook makes the iphone app, and Blackberry designs the facebook app.
    06-26-09 11:36 AM
    And also because Apple has given DEVS way more API's to work with and pre-designed menus, buttons, and alot of code in their SDK.

whereas the BB version is coded in JAVA.. and thats like walking in sand with cement shoes.
    06-26-09 11:43 AM
    And also because Apple has given DEVS way more API's to work with and pre-designed menus, buttons, and alot of code in their SDK.

whereas the BB version is coded in JAVA.. and thats like walking in sand with cement shoes.
    All I hear is Charlie Browns teacher. I get DEVS. WHat are API's and SDK?
    06-26-09 11:53 AM
    Yea chat would be awsome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 12:04 PM
    All I hear is Charlie Browns teacher. I get DEVS. WHat are API's and SDK?
    SDK is the Software Development Kit.

Think of API's(Application Programming Interface) as doors in a long hallway. Most of them are locked. Each door has a specific word written on the door such as "GPS", "WIFI" "Accelerometer"

Apple has most of the doors locked.. some doors they allow to be opened.. when the doors are opened, devs can write apps to take advantage of the features behind them.

Thats about the best anology I can think of.
    06-26-09 12:19 PM

you would have a point if RIM didn't developed the blackberry app.
    06-26-09 04:02 PM
    actually besides chat, 1.6 is very close to iphone facebook. The difference is, Facebook makes the iphone app, and Blackberry designs the facebook app.
    Maybe Blackberry should let Facebook make the app for them as well!
    07-08-09 07:33 PM

lol, couldnt have said it better myself
    07-08-09 07:39 PM

+1000000000000000
    07-08-09 08:10 PM
    i have an ipod touch and i get update notifications for facebook constantly. when something changes on the facebook website, the app is modified to take advantage of it.
    07-09-09 08:06 AM
    Can u play mafia wars in either bb or iphone/touch app? Which one has Im!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 10:53 AM
    Is there a reason that FB for the Blackberry (Storm anyway) cannot be similar, if not exactly, like the version for Ipod/Iphone? It is not even close in functionality.

It's very close in functionality, it's just not close at all in terms of design. Perhaps you are using an old version.
    07-09-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD