I have a Storm 9530 and was recently having issues receiving notifications through my Facebook application. In my attempt to correct the issue, I deleted the Facebook application from my phone then re-downloaded/installed through the App World. When I ran the application, the interface was completely different from the version that I had deleted. The application does not take up the whole screen, but is a tiny 1" (H) x 2" (W) box with a blue background. It is almost as if this version was not meant for a Storm because I have to scroll in order to select icons and turning the device sideways does nothing. I am only able to use the application in the profile position.

I thought it might have been an App world issue, so I deleted again and installed OTA from the blackberry website. Alas, I still had the same issue. I even tried doing a desktop installation, but that did not remedy the situation.

The version I had before was the most current (1.7). This version that is on App World is nothing like I had before. Please help. Am I missing something?

Dan

I am running on OS v5.0.0.328 with Verizon.
    04-14-10 11:15 AM
    disable compatibilty mode on the facebook app
    go into your list of apps and bring up the menu on facebook one of the options should be disable compatiblity mode
    04-14-10 12:38 PM
    disable compatibilty mode on the facebook app
    go into your list of apps and bring up the menu on facebook one of the options should be disable compatiblity mode
    Boom goes the dynamite! That did the trick. Thanks!
    04-14-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD