When I get a message on my BB that someone has sent me a private message on facebook, and open it with my blackberry, then delete it, it is also deleting it from my facebook account too, so that when I log into facebook from a computer, I cant see any of the inbox message. I often dont reply to the message from my phone, I go online to do it later, but now the messages are gone and I cant seam to find a way to get them back!!
    I know the solution to this would be just not deleting the notifications from my phone, but I hate have my phone cluttered up with facebook notifications!
    Is anyone else having this problem?!
    11-25-10 08:43 PM
    Yes I am having the same issue seems to me its a default function. Between facebook and blackberry. I had this happen on my Pearl, Tour and Torch
    11-25-10 08:47 PM
    Wow, can't this be deactivated? I'm thinking about to switch from Android to Blackberry (because of the keyboard) but lately I read a lot of small "features" which I don't like about BB.
    11-25-10 10:20 PM
    The new version of FB4BB syncs with your Facebook inbox. So if you delete a message from one spot, it deletes from both.
    11-25-10 10:29 PM
    I noticed this "feature" in the beta version of facebook, so I downgraded to the previous version and haven't upgraded since. It's a terrible choice.
    11-26-10 08:08 AM
    I set all email notifications to Off so all notifications come only through the FB app. No email conundrum for me!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-26-10 08:58 AM
    Yep. Same issue here and I hated it! I just unchecked the option to send FB notifications to my BB Messages folder. So, I get my tone and LED, but I just need to click on FB icon and go to FB to see the new stuff. Kinda a pain in the tush, but better than having to keep all those notifications in my phone. I was always like you...I didn't like to keep them on my phone.. I didn't like the "clutter".
    11-26-10 11:20 AM
    again only read 3 posts into this thread. so i may be answering this again.

When you install the facebook app there is a feature that says if you tell facebook t put the messages in with your other messages then if you delete them they will also delete from facebook. you can solve this issue by disabling that feature. if they dont show up in your messages folder with your text messages and bbm messages and emails then you will be able to leave them in your inbox with out cluttering up your bb message box.

hope that helps
    11-26-10 11:33 AM
    I also have the messaging aspect turned off. It's kind of annoying to have to go into the program, but I couldn't really stand to have it delete them on both my phone and stuff. There are plenty of those notifications I don't want to keep a record of on my phone, but would still keep them around facebook for longer than I would want on my phone. So i just go in and check them through the program.
    11-26-10 12:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure my BB Facebook which I just installed also wiped out all my web FB messages -- even those I'd only read and replied to on the web.
    12-05-10 02:02 PM
    I have one message that is deleted on the FB server but will not delete on my BB. I even tried wiping the FB app and reinstalling and it's still there. I tried this on two BBs and it's still a constant problem. I don't understand because this particular message isn't even on my FB server anymore. Any suggestions for getting rid of it?
    02-25-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD