So, I'm on my 2nd Torch now because the first one crashed because of a java error from IM+ Lite. I couldn't even wipe it and reload the OS.
    I stupidly tried it again on the new one and it crashed, but this time I did a battery pull before it could completely fail.

What other apps work with Facebook for chat?
    I tried Beejive, but when I type to people, nothing shows up. I can't even see what I'm typing.

Can anyone help? What about Jabber, how does that work?
    Thanks in advance!!!
    11-12-10 10:29 AM
    The top "paid app" in the top 25 section of blackberry app world has a program called Facebook IM. It is $3.99 but seems quite popular and the reviews aren't bad. If it is important to you, perhaps you can give that a try.

I haven't found anything yet for OS6 that's free.
    11-12-10 10:42 AM
    I dont know if its out for Torch but I use trillian on my 9700 and it works fine for me.
    11-12-10 11:16 AM
    Trillian costs $.
    I'm not interested in paying for stuff RIM should develop and provide for free. I am amazed that STILL, chat is not available for Facebook on the new version.

I am using the trial of IM Pro, seems to be working fine.
    Beejive constantly fails because Facebook thinks my account is being hacked.
    Ridiculous!

Still looking into Jabber though!
    11-12-10 11:30 AM
    Trillian costs $.
    I'm not interested in paying for stuff RIM should develop and provide for free. I am amazed that STILL, chat is not available for Facebook on the new version.

I am using the trial of IM Pro, seems to be working fine.
    Beejive constantly fails because Facebook thinks my account is being hacked.
    Ridiculous!

Still looking into Jabber though!

So you complain about Trillian costing money but IM+ and Beejive are okay even though they both cost more than Trillian?

Anywho, there is a version of IM+ thats free, think its called lite, its adware so you will have some ads showing up.
    Trillian works great on the Torch. There is a new version of beejive in beta that seems to work great on the torch. Been using it for the day. No issues. And just found out it looks like you can do group chats. Didnt know if you could on the older versions. It also seems to connect differently than the older versions to facebook. So might want to try it out. They do warn you not to do the jabber way with the new version.
    If you want free, nimbuzz does do facebook chat. It works, its just nowhere near as nice as their symbian client which does voip.
    11-12-10 05:54 PM
    there;s something on the app store atm called "Chat for Facebook". Its not great but it's only 75p..
    11-12-10 06:16 PM
    remember seeing some link for FB Chat pro on gadzone mobile website... try there...
    11-13-10 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD