When i upload pictures i took with my 8900...crystal clear pictures mind you..they show up terrible quality when i check my facebook on the computer. My camera is at the highest setting and i know the picture is crystal because ive emailed it to my computer. Anyone know what's going on?
    04-25-09 01:33 PM
    It's Facebook. I think that emailing the pic to Facebook might upload it with a higher rez but I haven't tried it yet.
    04-25-09 01:44 PM
    I think facebook does this with all pictures...
    04-25-09 01:56 PM
    this is what happening to all of us. not only u

04-25-09 02:19 PM
    That's ********. I mean the image quality is HORRIBLE. You think a big operation like facebook would have a better image processor.
    04-25-09 02:27 PM
    That's ********. I mean the image quality is HORRIBLE. You think a big operation like facebook would have a better image processor.
    They have to scale it down for server and disk space I am assuming.
    04-25-09 02:52 PM
    + not everyone wants to load 1meg pics all day, many countries facebook operates in still work with 56k mostly.
    04-25-09 02:54 PM
    you can still scale down the image without losing the quality. It will make the file alot easier on the server. Example myspace.
    04-25-09 03:00 PM
    I think it's a cpombination of Blackberries/Facebook. Probably the app, specifically. A buddy of mine does mobile uploads from his G1 and the picture quality is much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 03:30 PM
    You've gotta realize the quality is gonna look much better on the BB. Smaller screen, high resolution and the pictures were taken on it.
    As soon as the pic gets bigger on the computer, it will look blurrier. Same thing happens with my Flickr uploads.
    I've only had good luck with lots of natural light. Those pics turn out very well.
    04-25-09 04:06 PM
    No. I've mailed myself the picture and it looks crystal clear. Its not an issue of it just looking at it on my blackberry.

04-25-09 08:33 PM
    I agree with you on this. I tested it out 2 ways. If I upload thru the FB app my image quality is horrible - but when I email myself the image and upload it to FB from my computer there is an unmistakable difference in improved image quality. It would be great if the app worked better so I don't have to do the extra steps.
    I
    No. I've mailed myself the picture and it looks crystal clear. Its not an issue of it just looking at it on my blackberry

Last edited by CatAlex; 04-25-09 at 08:59 PM.
    04-25-09 08:57 PM
    Quality is way better with the new FB app but download at your own risk. It works for me but a lot of people have been having issues with it.

I am running .206 by the way
    04-26-09 04:10 AM
    thread revival.

I tested between 1.6, 1.5, and emailing the picture straight to Facebook and found that the emailing mode is definitely the best way (sent it through mms, so don't need your email setup on the BB either). 1.5 was an improvement over 1.6 definitely but the best method is email. Hope this helps others
    08-06-09 10:00 PM
    ^ I agree. I tried uploading via facebook the other day and it wasn't going through so I sent it as an mms. Way better clarity via that method rather than facebook uploading.

08-06-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD