I've gone online and changed my settings to a million different ways, but to no avail! So I turn to you guys!

I want to receive notifications on my S2 from Facebook. But I HATE the fact that they also appear in my hotmail inbox (online).

I've set up notifications to notify and I get the e-mails - I don't want to get them anymore.

I've set up the notifications to not notify - I don't get ANY facebook notifications!

Is there no middle ground? I don't want "doubt" notifications.

Any help?
    01-08-10 09:11 AM
    Pretty sure that its either you get the emails in your hotmail inbox and facebook, or nothing. I think the emails prompt your blackberry to say "hey jay_man you have a notification, check it out!!"
    01-08-10 09:14 AM
    The way I got around this was to send the notifications to the BB email address ie. the one my carrier set up for my device. This seems to hace eliminated the notifications coming to the inbox because the inbox is already on the device. It also seems to improce the function of the FB program with retrieving messages for some reason.
    01-08-10 09:49 AM
    Have your settings on FB email notifications.

Then in the FB app on your BB, go to options and uncheck the box to leave a copy of the notification in your inbox.

Works like a charm for me.
    01-08-10 10:11 AM
    Aradill is spot on.

Assuming that's sorted, perhaps I can hijack the thread to ask about another Facebook app problem - I've assumed this is a bug for some time, but it occurred to me I should check with others to make sure it's not just me.

Whenever someone posts a link to something on my wall (a proper link rather than just pasting in a web address as text or the like) I'll get a notification through the facebook app, but on clicking the notification, instead of getting to see what the person has linked me to I'm shown our last wall exchange that was just a conversation (i.e. didn't have any special formatting to make a nice link).

Does that explanation make sense? And does anyone else have this problem?
    01-08-10 10:29 AM
    Pyrrhic - Mine does the exact same thing, any links posted on my wall I get a notification and when it goes to it int he FB App I see my wall but not the link. I have to go to the site through Opera or use my PC to check out the link.
    01-08-10 10:36 AM
    What I did for the email notification was with gmail ,which I use, is have notifications archived. That way they never show in my inbox and since gmail pushes mail I get them almost instantly. I don't believe hotmail pushes so notifications can be delayed up to 15 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 11:04 AM
    quick fix: go to your hotmail inbox and mark Facebook mail as spam.

I did that, and it it worked beautifully. It still notifies my Facebook app which gives me an alert, and I still get notified via my "messages" app on my S2 as well. I never used my email for Facebook anyways.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 12:32 PM
    aradill & pyrrhic - I'm gonna start there!
    Thanks guys - this was a lot of help!
    01-08-10 03:20 PM
    I want to trun off the notifications on the blackberry (hate the little icon).. but receive them on my regular email.

I don't wan to uninstall the app, sometimes I use it.. i just dont need to be notified for every dumb thing..

Can't seem to find a way to do this.

Ideas?

-Adam
    01-22-10 02:57 AM
    ok so for me i have facebook app but in the notifications box i never seem to get any notifications... i have email notifications setup, which i receive fine but do not seem to get the facebook app notifications...

is there anything i need to turn on?

thank u
    Dan
    02-10-10 02:20 AM
    On a related note, for notifications ...

I doubt this is possible, but I would love the ability to track when others update their status / etc. I know, that's what Twitter is for, but I have many friends who do not have Twitter, but do have Facebook...

Oh well.
    02-10-10 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD