I backed up my storm and restored everything to a new one (storm). Now my Facebook app isn't putting birthdays into my calender. Basically the only thing I use it for on my phone.

I've done a search and none of the fixes have worked for me. When I go to Calender->Options, it isn't showing Facebook as one of the things, only my e-mail.

I've ensured all the boxes are checked in the actual Facebook app to sync my contacts. Any solutions?

Note: In the Application Center, (not App World) the version of Facebook is showing that if I installed it, it would be a downgrade. Should I try that?
    07-28-09 05:10 PM
    What version of Facebook app do you have? Did you try resending service books? Does the service book Facebook [cical] show up in your service books? So many possible answers to this.

Edit: Oh and also make sure that you're looking at all available calendars. Go into you calendar and hit BB Key -> Select Calendar and make sure you're not just looking at your email/device calendar
    07-28-09 05:50 PM
    What version of Facebook app do you have? Did you try resending service books? Does the service book Facebook [cical] show up in your service books? So many possible answers to this.

Edit: Oh and also make sure that you're looking at all available calendars. Go into you calendar and hit BB Key -> Select Calendar and make sure you're not just looking at your email/device calendar
    I'm running version 1.6.0.21.

How do I resend service books for facebook?

I'm only showing "Facebook VPL [Browser Config]" in my service books. I have the CICAL for my e-mails. I checked calenders and its selected to show all, but Facebook isn't even on that list to be checked.

Thank you for your help
    07-28-09 06:20 PM
    Ok yes your problem is that you're missing the facebook service book. Go into Email Settings icon, press BB key, click service books, then Send service books. If that doesn't work you have to reinstall facebook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 06:27 PM
    ok i sent service books, and still no CICAL from facebook. Re-installing now.
    07-28-09 08:17 PM
    nothing, any other suggestions jlawler4? thanks again for your help.

Could it have anything to do with what DM backed up when I restored my data to the new phone? maybe something in there blocking the access from facebook? just a thought.
    07-29-09 04:21 PM
    Ok now I'm getting frustrated too. We are gonna fix this. Do you care about what is on your phone calendar right now? If not first uninstall facebook. Then go into DM then Backup Restore then Advanced and clear Calendar-All. Battery pull then reinstall facebook. If that doesn't work I have no idea because Facebook should definitely install that book. If still no wait a while because I know it takes the App a while to update everything. What OS are you on?

07-29-09 07:41 PM
    im having the same issue. i went to each friend in the FB app and added to bb connect. huge pain in the *** but it worked. please post if you find a solution i dont want to have to keep doing that when i add friends.
    07-29-09 10:31 PM
    i'm on .148

I'm gonna try that tomorrow. I do kinda care about what's on my calender so can I back that up on DM and reload it after the clear?
    07-30-09 12:49 AM
    Yes if you care, and the stuff you care about is part of your Default Calendar (to find this out go to Options - Adv. Options - Default Services - Right there is your default), then go into DM, Bckup/restore, Advanced, and backup "Calendar". Save the file on your computer somewhere, then clear "Calendar - All". Then restore Calendar from the file on your computer. That will clear all calendars except your default one, and now hopefully you can add the facebook calendar.
    07-30-09 07:34 AM
    starting the process now, hope this works
    07-31-09 11:16 AM
    ok I think its working. I finally have the CICAL service book for Facebook. It only uploaded 3 contacts birthdays initially but I'm guessing over time it will update all of them.

THANK YOU jlawler
    07-31-09 12:09 PM
    I went through and individually selected each friend within the Facebook app, and selected "connect to BlackBerry contact." it was tedious but now all of the friends I connected have their birthdays automatically in my calendar as well as profile pictures as caller ID.

Different problem: contact information isnt automatically updated! Like when a friend changes profile pics I would think it should automatically change it in my contacts since they are "connected" after all. Is there a way I can set this? Or is this too advanced to ask of the application? I've looked at all the options and I've checked everything that makes sense, but no luck :/
    07-31-09 12:23 PM
    That's what it originally did on mine. I don't know why its not really working anymore

07-31-09 02:07 PM
    Hm. So your contact information would automatically refresh, it just has stopped doing that?

It seems to me that all contact information remains the same unless I enter the FB app, select a friend, and select "refresh blackberry contact." I can't find a way to automatically refresh all my contacts as they change profile pics, numbers, employers, etc.
    07-31-09 02:18 PM
    I know this is totally unrelated, but any heard any rumors about when a 5.0 facebook is going to be released? I looooovvveee 5.0 but I still would like to get fbook back, as well as many other apps

07-31-09 04:42 PM
    Hm. So your contact information would automatically refresh, it just has stopped doing that?

It seems to me that all contact information remains the same unless I enter the FB app, select a friend, and select "refresh blackberry contact." I can't find a way to automatically refresh all my contacts as they change profile pics, numbers, employers, etc.
    same here. It's pretty annoying and I dont want to have to manually update them all. I just don't understand why it worked before and now it doesnt.
    08-01-09 05:45 PM
    so i've gone into facebook and I was going to manually connect each contact when i noticed they all are already connected. I really don't understand what is going on here.

All my facebook contact are connected to my address book but none of them are uploading or refreshing pictures or syncing birthdays.

someone out there has to have an answer to this.
    08-03-09 02:27 AM
    Patience Ry it will happen. There's no way to manually force it to sync, it just crawls along at its own will...
    08-03-09 08:00 AM
    Patience Ry it will happen. There's no way to manually force it to sync, it just crawls along at its own will...
    understood. thanks
    08-04-09 02:40 AM
    I have the opposite problem. How do I remove the birthday notifications??
    08-04-09 05:23 AM
    I have the opposite problem. How do I remove the birthday notifications??
    Calendar>Options>Select Calendar

It should bring up a list of your calendars, deselect the facebook one. Note, facebook events are also synced to your calendar, and will be removed if you deselect the facebook calendar. I don't think there's a way to remove just the birthdays unless you go in and remove them individually. Hope this helps
    08-04-09 09:51 AM
    My facebook calendar is syncing events to my bb but it is not syncing birthdays. It was doing it about a month ago. Any suggestions???
    08-04-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD