I'm planning to buy BB curve 8520... but while reading about the cell there were some reviews that face book, g talk cannot be used through wifi...is it true????.. and what about gmail????
    04-09-10 06:15 AM
    I'm planning to buy BB curve 8520... but while reading about the cell there were some reviews that face book, g talk cannot be used through wifi...is it true????.. and what about gmail????
    I think that this has been fixed by an update.
    04-09-10 12:45 PM
    Google Sync was updated to work over wifi, not Gmail. Fb app as it is does not work without a data plan.

@Abhishek: Gonna go out on a limb and assume you are based in India? If that is the case then you can look at the Rs. 299 plan for unlimited email and messenger... mind you the facebook app does not work on that plan... over wifi you would have to use the browser. Another alternative to the full data plan (Rs. 1099 one) is to ask for an advance rental plan. For Rs. 6999 u get the full data plan (Full BIS) for the entire year - catch? You have to pay that up front, and if you decide later on you don't like it its money down the drain.
    04-09-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD