Hey everyone

I am very new to BB, just got my bold 2 yesterday

Anyway whenever i try to access the facebook app, or the google maps app I get a error message for both that says it has something to do with my network.

I am on 3G with rogers, and the browser works fine even though im on the same 3G network

Does anyone know what the problem can be? And how to fix it?
    03-22-10 04:02 PM
    Does BBMaps work or any other network app like BerryWeather for example? Is BIS on your account and have you done a battery pull? Is it the FB app or just a link to go download and install it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 04:06 PM
    I dont have BBMaps on my phone, or Berryweather. The facebook/google maps is an actual app i downloaded. I do not know what BIS is, or if i have it on my account
    03-22-10 04:13 PM
    I have wifi but no BIS
    N I also have same problem with google maps,facebook app,yahoo messenger?

03-22-10 04:22 PM
    So does anyone have an answer?
    03-22-10 04:45 PM
    All data I believe even over wifi goes through the RIM network at some point. This means you need BIS. Is email working? I suspect not.

03-22-10 04:53 PM
    Whenever i try to register my blackberry with BIS at the rogers site, I get the message :

This Blackberry device is not registered with your wireless service provider
    Please register the device and verify the URL of the current web site matches the one provided by your wireless service provider

what??
    03-22-10 05:15 PM
    Call your carrier and add the BB service to your account.

03-22-10 06:01 PM
    Called a rogers representative and was told that I need to switch over to a "Blackberry Data Plan" for the rest of my functions to go through BIS...

If i get one of these blackberry plans does it work as a regular data plan + the option to go on RIMs network?

Also secondary question, in my SMS/MMS app, the times are cut off. The time is just stated as 6:01p instead of 6:01pm ... Im not using any themes just the Precision Zen theme. Any way to change this?
    Last edited by TheConqueror; 03-22-10 at 06:26 PM.
    03-22-10 06:23 PM
    You just need a BB data plan as the BB is different from all other smart phones. The "p" vs "pm" is just the way it is. I see no option to change the time format.

03-22-10 06:36 PM
    being with rogers your gonna need a bis data plan on your account. You can get the $25 option that will give you 500mb, which is a lot for a bb (if you don't tether) or try calling retentions and see if they can add the $15 150mb plan for you. They will need to add the soc code APN3Con. hope this helps.
    03-23-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD