I have been unable to login using any of the three apps listed. Whenever I try to log in, it says I don't have data service. My suspicion is that these apps all require a Blackberry data plan to work. Is this correct?

If my suspicion is correct, then this is one reason why bb is losing the smart phone war. Not making appworld available to non subscribers of blackberry data plan (making it a pain to find apps) AND making sure even if the apps (when u get them) don't work!
    05-22-10 12:46 PM
    Some pretty poor arguments just because you chose not to get a data plan.
    Blackberry's are designed to work with a data plan. Not just pure wifi. Your suspicions are correct. Though Blackberry isn't going to change something for which it is originally designed.

It's like buying a PC, then you choose not to buy the monitor. Then you wonder why it's unfair that you don't get the same visuals as someone who did choose to buy one. Why don't you consider an iPhone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Snownation; 05-22-10 at 03:33 PM.
    05-22-10 03:27 PM
    I have been unable to login using any of the three apps listed. Whenever I try to log in, it says I don't have data service. My suspicion is that these apps all require a Blackberry data plan to work.
    I dont have a BB Data plan... I have a Sprint Data plan and the Apps you refer to work fine
    05-22-10 03:58 PM
    To be clear, I have a regular EDGE data plan. But I don't have a blackberry data plan (BES).

When I check the applications list under options. I notice that those three apps are listed under ADD-ONS and not third party. adding to my suspicion.

Some pretty poor arguments just because you chose not to get a data plan.
    Blackberry's are designed to work with a data plan. Not just pure wifi. Your suspicions are correct. Though Blackberry isn't going to change something for which it is originally designed.

It's like buying a PC, then you choose not to buy the monitor. Then you wonder why it's unfair that you don't get the same visuals as someone who did choose to buy one. Why don't you consider an iPhone?

05-23-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD