I have v1.7 and the "new feature" I noticed when upgrading is that I get to see ALL Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc. updates from my friends. Of course, this is VERY annoying.

Is there any way to shut this off? I turned off notifications in my FB account using my laptop but I'm still getting these things!

Does anybody have a fix?
    11-10-09 08:43 AM
    In the facebook app at the top there is a drop down list. Select "status updates".
    11-10-09 09:20 AM
    I hide that stuff in the News Feed on the web version of Facebook. That way it doesn't show up on the BB Facebook app either. The problem with "Status Updates" in the drop down is if people posted a link or photo, it doesn't show up.

Why people think I gives a rats *** what game achievements they've hit is beyond me.
    11-10-09 09:29 AM
    I hide that stuff in the News Feed on the web version of Facebook. That way it doesn't show up on the BB Facebook app either. The problem with "Status Updates" in the drop down is if people posted a link or photo, it doesn't show up.

Why people think I gives a rats *** what game achievements they've hit is beyond me.
    Yeah it does hide stuff like that, which is the reason I keep it on news feed. I really hate seeing all that farmville and mobsters stuff, and I don't play any of it, but I have commented on a few of the "social interview" or "what is your drink" type stuff a few times.
    11-10-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD