Im starting to have a problem with my Storm. I get a new message on Facebook notification but when i click on the app theres nothing. Also it seems the Facebook app is erasing anything in the message list, i.e. messages, friend wall to wall posts, photo uploads, etc. on a daily basis. any help or suggestions?? thanks a million!
    04-23-09 09:44 PM
    Out of curiosity... do you have the app set to also send the notifications to your "Messages" folder? And are you deleting said messages from your "Messages" folder when you get them? That would also delete them in the app.
    04-23-09 09:47 PM
    how would i find that out as its not an option listed in Options in the Facebook app?
    04-23-09 09:51 PM
    Did you download the new version of the FB app? I'm sorry... the option to have the notifications also sent to your Messages folder is included in the new version of the FB app that just came out.
    04-23-09 09:52 PM
    I had this problem, i just reinstalled it. Been working fine every since
    04-23-09 09:52 PM
    i did get an error message when i tried to download the new version..let me try reinstalling from the application center..brb
    04-23-09 09:53 PM
    ok error message says...

facebook research in motion limited contains a different version of module "net_rim_bb_facebook" which is also used by Facebook. If you proceed, Facebook may cease to function properly. proceed?

yes no
    04-23-09 09:56 PM
    Have you deleted the old version before trying to download the new one?

EDIT: Did you originally have a leaked/beta version of FB on your phone?
    Last edited by Morf32; 04-23-09 at 10:01 PM.
    04-23-09 09:58 PM
    no...i just went to the app center and did a reinstall and it came up as the new version....maybe thats where i went wrong...maybe ill delete it completely n try reinstall..think that might work?
    04-23-09 10:00 PM
    Sorry... I just edited my post above, but you were too quick. Did you originally have a leaked/beta version of FB on your phone?
    04-23-09 10:02 PM
    no i just had the Facebook that was on the app center and downloaded it from there
    04-23-09 10:02 PM
    I would say that it's safe to proceed... if you don't delete the old (I didn't), it specifically asks if you want to overwrite the old (which I did), and it worked fine. If you choose to delete the old, I would think that's fine, too. Download the new one and see if that fixes your notification problem.
    04-23-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD