So we all know about what's been going on so far concerning the issues with Facebook, but I've got a new one that sprung up on me today.
    So I get to work and check my Gmail inbox, and I've got Facebook notification e-mails sitting there, but nothing on my BB. I sent myself numerous test e-mails from my work e-mail to my Gmail, and they came thru immediately to my BB, without any problems. Even still, I resent my service books, and re-hosted my routing table, yet still no Facebook e-mails pushed to my device!?! I sent a BBM message to a buddy of mine, and the same thing is happening to him (he's on Verizon, I'm on U.S. Cellular). Is anyone else experiencing this problem? What the **** has been going on lately regarding Facebook?! Before, I was getting the notifications pushed to my device, I just couldn't open them when they notified me in FB, now I'm not even getting the FB e-mails, but I'm getting all others... Anyone?

Hey look, it's my 600th post! Whoo Hoo!
    09-18-09 09:14 AM
    same problem here...Im on Verizon with a Tour...no notifications at all from Facebook...this started today...
    09-18-09 09:35 AM
    same problem here...Im on Verizon with a Tour...no notifications at all from Facebook...this started today...
    Yes, started today for me too... it sucks and I don't get it. Why are the e-mails in my physical inbox, but not being pushed to my BB, but every other e-mail I recieve (not from Facebook) get pushed thru no problem? Frustrating...
    09-18-09 09:39 AM
    I'm hearing issues from iPhone users as well.
    09-18-09 09:40 AM
    Yes, I dont understand how the email doesnt even get pushed to the phone...
    09-18-09 09:40 AM
    Same ISSUE! It's driving me nuts, face book needs to get it's act together!
    09-18-09 09:52 AM
    i am also having the same issues. im on verizon with a 8330. Its really pissing me off.
    That's the same setup my buddy has, Verizon with an 8330, same problems...
    09-18-09 09:54 AM
    yea all my freinds no matter of carrier are having issues with facebook!
    09-18-09 10:05 AM
    I'm having the same problem too! It drives me insane. Solutions anyone???
    09-18-09 12:49 PM
    Well actually it has been a problem for a couple of days now... I too am on Verizon and a buddy of mine told me the other day they are aware of the problem but there is no ETA as to when it will all be fixed.... The problem first started with the error message (open, go to mobile site, or delete) when you did receive and email, but then it got worst... If I found out anything I will post it up for everyone...
    09-18-09 01:03 PM
    FB has been glitched out now for a week. It's pissing me off.
    09-18-09 01:07 PM
    Well actually it has been a problem for a couple of days now... I too am on Verizon and a buddy of mine told me the other day they are aware of the problem but there is no ETA as to when it will all be fixed.... The problem first started with the error message (open, go to mobile site, or delete) when you did receive and email, but then it got worst... If I found out anything I will post it up for everyone...
    Awesome, thanks!
    09-18-09 01:20 PM
    I don't know if you guys have noticed but it appears to be working now... I have started received them and I have the ability to view and reply... Let me know I will make a call and see the status....
    09-18-09 02:21 PM
    Okay all of it is not working but it is partially fixed... Just got word... They are working on it!!!
    09-18-09 02:28 PM
    Still not working for me. Just for kicks I tried email accounts other than gmail. Same thing. They stay on the mail server, but no notification.

I wonder if the FB app is swallowing the emails on the device and not deleting them on the server (rather than them not being pushed to the device at all).
    09-18-09 02:28 PM
    Still not working for me. Just for kicks I tried email accounts other than gmail. Same thing. They stay on the mail server, but no notification.

I wonder if the FB app is swallowing the emails on the device and not deleting them on the server (rather than them not being pushed to the device at all).
    Nope. Still on the server.

The only thing that makes sense is that the emails are being block, filtered, or errored out on the BIS.

Why? I have no idea. Maybe RIM doesn't want to deliver screwed up messages from Facebook.
    09-18-09 02:36 PM
    Nope. Still on the server.

The only thing that makes sense is that the emails are being block, filtered, or errored out on the BIS.

Why? I have no idea. Maybe RIM doesn't want to deliver screwed up messages from Facebook.
    The fact that it's still on the server doesn't tell us anything really. There is an option in the FB app to leave the messages on the server. Which would mean it's FB that deletes them. Plus, I've received a couple... but mostly I am not.

There is an error in my device log from Facebook. A StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in regards to an incoming event. But I can't be 100% at this point it is related.
    09-18-09 02:43 PM
    Mine started working some too, hopefully it continues!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 02:48 PM
    The fact that it's still on the server doesn't tell us anything really. There is an option in the FB app to leave the messages on the server. Which would mean it's FB that deletes them. Plus, I've received a couple... but mostly I am not.

There is an error in my device log from Facebook. A StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in regards to an incoming event. But I can't be 100% at this point it is related.
    Actually, it tell us a lot.

My email server still has the email on it. BIS gets my email directly from my email server. BIS send the email to my phone. The only contact facebook has with any of that is sending the email to my email server. FB has no power to delete something off my email server.

NOW.. The FB app on your phone is asking if you want to have the application remove the email from the server after the app itself has given you the notification. The FB app is based on your emails coming in. If you select that you want it to delete the message from the server, it's doing the same thing as when you delete a email and select to "delete from mailbox & handheld." But for it to do that, it has to get the email in the first place.

delete your facebook app. I bet you still won't get your facebook notification emails to your phone.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 09-18-09 at 02:53 PM.
    09-18-09 02:50 PM
    NOW.. The FB app on your phone is asking if you want to have the application remove the email from the server after the app itself has given you the notification. The FB app is based on your emails coming in. If you select that you want it to delete the message from the server, it's doing the same thing as when you delete a email and select to "delete from mailbox & handheld." But for it to do that, it has to get the email in the first place.

Exactly. But if while processing the incoming message it has a problem, it may never get to the point of deleting it from the server.

I really doubt BIS is not delivering it. If I were getting zero messages I would say maybe. But I am getting a few FB notification here and there. For example, when I tried a different email account, I got two notification messages from FB. Then after that zilch.

But deleting the FB app is a good idea. Go for it. ;-)

In the end, it doesn't matter. Its not under our control. What worked a couple days ago stopped without any changes from me.
    09-18-09 02:59 PM
    Exactly. But if while processing the incoming message it has a problem, it may never get to the point of deleting it from the server.

I really doubt BIS is not delivering it. If I were getting zero messages I would say maybe. But I am getting a few FB notification here and there. For example, when I tried a different email account, I got two notification messages from FB. Then after that zilch.

But deleting the FB app is a good idea. Go for it. ;-)

In the end, it doesn't matter. Its not under our control. What worked a couple days ago stopped without any changes from me.
    I suppose. But the format in the emails doesn't seem to have changed; and it doesn't seem likely that everybody's phones, considering it's happening to all models across all carrieres, would all of a sudden have a corrupt FB app all at the same time.

I could be wrong. But I still think BIS is catching them for some reason.
    09-18-09 03:22 PM
    I'm hearing issues from iPhone users as well.
    I've pretty much received my e-mails today. I use a Yahoo account though if
    that makes any difference.
    09-18-09 03:27 PM
    I suppose. But the format in the emails doesn't seem to have changed; and it doesn't seem likely that everybody's phones, considering it's happening to all models across all carrieres, would all of a sudden have a corrupt FB app all at the same time.

I could be wrong. But I still think BIS is catching them for some reason.
    And you could be right. It could be either scenario.

My theory is that Facebook (the service, not the device app) changed something about the message. If the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException is related, that would seem likely. This error happens in Java when accessing past the end of a string.

In other words, nothing is wrong with the FB app on the device... it's just that the message it's now receiving is different than what it expected.
    09-18-09 03:37 PM
    And you could be right. It could be either scenario.

My theory is that Facebook (the service, not the device app) changed something about the message. If the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException is related, that would seem likely. This error happens in Java when accessing past the end of a string.

In other words, nothing is wrong with the FB app on the device... it's just that the message it's now receiving is different than what it expected.
    Okay. You're right... sort of.

The BB FB app is eating the emails and not displaying them.

I logged out of my FB app and I got a notification as an email.

But it's not deleting them from the server. It's just not displaying them or processing them or however you want to look at it.

so if FB updates are important to you, log out of the app by going ot options and clicking "logout" at the upper right.
    09-18-09 04:39 PM
    Okay. You're right... sort of.

The BB FB app is eating the emails and not displaying them.

I logged out of my FB app and I got a notification as an email.

But it's not deleting them from the server. It's just not displaying them or processing them or however you want to look at it.

so if FB updates are important to you, log out of the app by going ot options and clicking "logout" at the upper right.
    Okay. I just logged back in and it worked fine. So I don't know if it's back up or if my logging out/in made the difference. Which means I still don't have proof on if it was a BIS or FB app issue.
    09-18-09 04:45 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD