Go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Highlight the Facebook application >Hit Menu >Edit Default Permissions. Set all three to 'Allow', save changes...
    This doesnt work.... I almost want to make a video of the problem, just so those of you who think they have found an answer can see it's no simple fix.
    10-27-09 11:28 AM
    Facebook missing and Java exception when upgraded from a Mac - SOLVED

1.) Backup your data.
    2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.
    3.) Click "Show other versions"
    4.) Select the option labelled "Current Version - Reload" then click Select
    5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked
    6.) Click re-load
    7.) Restore your previous backup
    8.) Re-install third-party applications manually.

This solved both the java error messages and fixed my missing Facebook application. Hope it helps.

****i did not come up with this, its copied and pasted from BB support forums*****
    it worked for me though, face book is back for me
    This Solution may work. I'm a bit aprehensive about doing it though. i will try in a bit. i tried something similar (same thing but i did not uncheck the "backup and restore device data") and it did not solve the problem. But i will give it a whirl, thanks for the suggestion.
    10-27-09 11:33 AM
    Has anyone been getting the message "your session has expired, please log in again".. That is the message I have been getting from time to time or it will just kick me off... I have unistalled, re-installed, wiped device and reloaded... Every suggestion I have read here. My wife phone is trouble free, mines is the only one having the drama...
    10-27-09 11:45 AM
    Has anyone been getting the message "your session has expired, please log in again".. That is the message I have been getting from time to time or it will just kick me off... I have unistalled, re-installed, wiped device and reloaded... Every suggestion I have read here. My wife phone is trouble free, mines is the only one having the drama...
    Did you do what I posted above? This has helped many out who are having the same issues as you...
    10-27-09 11:47 AM
    Facebook missing and Java exception when upgraded from a Mac - SOLVED

1.) Backup your data.
    2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.
    3.) Click "Show other versions"
    4.) Select the option labelled "Current Version - Reload" then click Select
    5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked
    6.) Click re-load
    7.) Restore your previous backup
    8.) Re-install third-party applications manually.

This solved both the java error messages and fixed my missing Facebook application. Hope it helps.

****i did not come up with this, its copied and pasted from BB support forums*****
    it worked for me though, face book is back for me
    Thanks for posting... It cleared my java and facebook issues.. and I didn't pull my hair out doing it.
    10-27-09 01:36 PM
    Did you do what I posted above? This has helped many out who are having the same issues as you...
    Yes sir I did it, and it has kicked me off again.. Now I am getting the same message again. I must admit it did work for a while though.. Thanks,
    10-27-09 01:55 PM
    Update, it is working again.. Maybe this has nothing to do with BB just might be FB itself acting up...
    10-27-09 01:58 PM
    I'm about to throw this phone.... I keep on getting kicked off FB... It keeps saying your session has ended, please log in again.. I am about to give up on FB man this sucks...
    10-27-09 03:20 PM
    10-27-09 04:14 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD