I installed facebook application, and facebook as it does loaded all facebook events to my blackberry (8900). Facebook app also linked facebook profile pictures with my BBM and phonebook. I didnt like this feature. Even after editing the facebook settings, and then deleting the application, the facebook profile pics still appear in my phonebook and events in my calendar remain etc.
    Please could someone advise me as to what I should do to remove all that facebook updated to my phone.
    Thanks
    02-01-10 09:29 AM
    First off, the Facebook app actually added the photos into the address book. The only way to remove the images from the address book is to either delete or replace the images manually. They weren't kept in a facebook-only database.

As far as the calendar, you should have a facebook calendar showing up in your calendar list. You can delete the entries by going into the Calendar app > Options: highlight the facebook calendar, then type RSET. It will ask you for each calendar if you want to reset that calendar (only answer yes to the ones you want deleted). That will empty the calendar events from the calendar you said "Yes" to.

Then go into your BB's Options > Advanced Options > Service Books and delete the facebook CICAL entry. This will completely remove the calendar from your BB. You want to make sure the facebook calendar is empty first, otherwise it will leave a "Default" calendar showing up that isn't attached to anything.

Of course, before you do any of this MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!
    02-01-10 03:50 PM
    Facebook is a RIM native app which is controlled by service book. You probably cannot delete it unless remove it from service book.
    02-01-10 06:30 PM
    It has nothing to do with service books. Like Xopher said, the changes were made to address book entries. The only way to get rid of those changes is to restore a backup of the address book from before the Facebook app made those changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 11:07 PM
    It has nothing to do with service books. Like Xopher said, the changes were made to address book entries. The only way to get rid of those changes is to restore a backup of the address book from before the Facebook app made those changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This makes sense!
    02-02-10 05:39 PM
    I did this before, you will have a lot to clean up!
    02-02-10 07:29 PM
    Great sympathy, I went through this before.
    02-02-10 09:16 PM
    this really helped me out. thanks for the help.
    04-12-10 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD