and try to help me figure out why I am not getting any notifications or messages like I used to. I have seen a few threads, but to no avail

I am willing to try anything you tell me or answer anything u ask

thanks
    07-28-09 08:09 PM
    Hey there. I've had problems with facebook on blackberry as well. I have the 8330 curve from sprint. What I did was delete it and reinstall it. make sure you go to the options and make sure the notifications on balckberry messenger is checked. Hope that helps.

and try to help me figure out why I am not getting any notifications or messages like I used to. I have seen a few threads, but to no avail

I am willing to try anything you tell me or answer anything u ask

thanks
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:13 PM
    thanks I'm gonna go try it. I couldn't find setting for BB on FB on Blackberry. I mean, I found settings, but none that say turn on or off notifications. I will look on main site on computer.

Will post back unless u have something to say

thanks
    07-28-09 11:53 PM
    Your email address for notifications for Facebook is set to your blackberry.net account correct?
    07-29-09 12:18 AM
    Your email address for notifications for Facebook is set to your blackberry.net account correct?
    no, jhendrickson, I sign in with my sign in account that I signed in with on the puter. I was even getting notices on the BB with signing in with that email account anyway, and asked my friend Rhonda who uses a curve and uses a yahoo email account. any more ideas would be greatly appreciated tho, and anything u think I am confusing about this issue

thanks
    07-29-09 12:42 AM
    I think you are confusing what I said. The email address that you have configured for Facebook to send notifications to HAS TO BE the address that your Blackberry receives mail on.

It does not mean you have to change what email you sign in with.

If it is not configured in the manner described you will never receive any notifications from Facebook. The Facebook app simply intercepts new email that it knows is from Facebook and that is how you get notifications in the actual app.

07-29-09 09:07 AM

After that, if you go under the Notifications settings. You will see:

"Facebook notifies you by email whenever actions are taken on Facebook that involve you.

Each Facebook application has its own email notification settings. Click the name on the right to change the settings for that application.

Email me at xxxxxxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net when someone:"

If the email address shown on this screen is not the address that your Blackberry gets mail on you have it set up incorrectly.
    Last edited by jhendrickson; 07-29-09 at 09:23 AM.
    07-29-09 09:21 AM
    It is not "The" blackberry email address, but it is my yahoo address which "Does Go" to my Blackberry. And it is the same address that worked with FB for 2 years. Are you suggesting that they changed the way they work and that I should change it??

Thanks
    Eric
    07-29-09 09:52 AM
    Oh wait a minute, I think we are talking about something different now. It is all coming back to me now, as celine dion once sang, LOL.

I never had the 'email notifications' I have always been signed up with Yahoo, and never wanted to change that, and when I tried, I Believe, to allow email notifications to a yahoo address it doesn't allow it, Instead, I wanted what I had, the text messages. Nothing ever went thru email, although I realize that is the other way to do it.

do you know what I mean. My notifications went thru the 'facebook app' on the BB and I had a separate tone like the sms, and the notifier flag went up on the FB, not the email
    07-29-09 09:55 AM
    They did make a change to it a while back. Once I set mine to email my blackberry.net account it has been flawless ever since.

Do you see the emails from Facebook getting to your Yahoo account on your BB?

07-29-09 09:57 AM
    Yup they changed the app so it won't intercept texts anymore, just email notifications.

07-29-09 09:58 AM
    Just did it. thanks so much. verifying it now. will get back to u later in the day. thanks again
    07-29-09 10:00 AM
    Anytime man!
    07-29-09 10:09 AM
    JHendrickson, it works !!! But I am really confused on prolly what is a basic issue. I have on my calendar entries blackberry email, yahoo email, and facebook email. they each have a color, and when I enter a new one, it always goes to Facebook, BLUE. EVEN IF I CHANGE THE YAHOO COLOR TO THE DEFAULT COLOR

I tried unchecking facebook calendar app.

it still does it.

So, in summary. Could you explain what facebook calendar app is. Should I have it on or off? When I took off facebook and put it back on, it erased all my calendar items, most at least.

So why if i turned it off did it still get listed in the calendar. wouldn't it be better to make yahoo default

as you can see my thoughts are all over the place. My personalilty also LOL

can you help with this too

Eric
    thx
    07-29-09 11:31 PM
    I had a similar calendar problem, and after doing some research, found out that the Facebook app is pretty notorious for giving people calendar problems. You are not alone. All the Facebook calendar is good for is migrating your Facebook friends' birthdays onto your phone. If you find that useful, you can continue to use it.

Try looking at the Advanced Options > Default Services and Advanced Options > Service Books settings.

You need to make sure your Yahoo account (or whatever calendar you want) is set as your Default Calendar under Default Services. The reason your entries always end up Facebook Blue is because Facebook is probably set as your default calendar. That is also why all your calendar entries got deleted when you removed the Facebook app from your phone.

If you need to, or just aren't interested in Facebook migrating your friends' birthdays, you can completely delete the Facebook calendar from your phone, without removing the app, by deleting the service book entry that says "Facebook [CICAL]". It installs that service book if you check the box that says something like "link to my Facebook calendar".

Now, when I did it, I actually deleted all my [CICAL] entries except for my default (Hotmail), and it migrated the entries from the deleted calendars into the one I kept. I don't know if it was a fluke or what, so YMMV.

Let us know if you need more help.
    Last edited by he11fire; 07-29-09 at 11:46 PM.
    07-29-09 11:41 PM
    I think I understand the basics. turning off the facebook calendar app deleted all my entries that were in there that I had on FB. So when I reentered them, I turned it back on for ****s and giggles, tons were in there twice. It helped me figure it out

so I turned it off, or I have the option of deleting that service book with facebook cical right? I did both

what is cical

do I seem to have the gist?

thx so much for your time...i know people on here don't have to do this
    07-30-09 12:10 AM
    Glad to hear notifications are working.

I personally don't use the Calendar. I tried it once but didn't feel like I had enough options to control what got put on my device calendar.

I just synch my Outlook calendar.

07-30-09 10:21 AM
    Hello!
    I recently got a BB Pearl 8110, its original OS being v4.3. According to the requirements on the BlackBerry main page, a device should have at least the v.4.2 to use the Facebook app; in other words, my 8110 should support Facebook. However, I've been trying to download it in every way possible: accesing facebook.com from my Pearl, downloading it to my laptop, sending the link using the email, and everytime I click the "Download" button, I get an error message that says something about "session expired..." and closing the browser and beginning all over. I have done this several times, I have turned off the phone, but nothing works.
    I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thanks in advance.
    07-30-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD