I apologize if this has been answered before but why is it that some contacts from facebook show pictured in my phonebook but some don't? I know for sure that some of my contacts are spelled the exact same way as they are in facebook but they do not sync up with my bb, while others do.
    05-31-09 08:28 PM
    Most likely because the people that don't show up don't have their phone number posted on facebook.

Facebook syncs based on the contact entry phone numbers...So for instance if I'm in your phone book and on your facebook...but my phone number isn't listed on facebook then I won't be updated on your phone
    05-31-09 08:30 PM
    Oh, okay. I thought about that too but there are some people who were updated with facebook pics in my phonebook who do not have their number on facebook.
    05-31-09 08:55 PM
    It also links them using other things like the e-mail address, some of my friends were linked that way. You can also manually link people.
    05-31-09 09:12 PM
    oooooh, okay now that makes more sense...
    05-31-09 09:24 PM
    Is there a way to download all my Facebook contacts' details to my BB? Even if they don't have an entry on my BB yet? That would be cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:37 PM
    I have not figured out how to link them manually... also how to unlink improperly linked contacts. For instance I have a friend in my address book that is linked to her husband's facebook page instead of her own facebook page. How do you link and unlink people to and from their facebook profile? Thanks for your help!
    06-04-09 09:51 PM
    how can you manually add facebook contact to BB??
    11-04-09 12:36 AM
    It also links them using other things like the e-mail address, some of my friends were linked that way. You can also manually link people.
    earlier versions used to link with emails. they took this away with the latest version and started to sync only with phone numbers.

Such a stupid thing to do...
    11-04-09 01:24 AM
    you can manually link by going to your Friends in the facebook app, hit the BB button, and pick the Connect to FB contact option. Then you click select user and find the contact in your BB contacts you want to connect it to.
    11-05-09 03:04 PM
    Is there a way to un-link all your contacts? I really don't want to see everyone's pictures when answering a phone call.
    11-08-09 09:01 AM
    whee. I am all synced up now. just signed in on FB app... Interestingly enough when BB syncs with my outlook all the pics go on there too... just can't edit contacts from outlook...

anyways... new to the berry and already hooked =)
    03-27-10 02:29 PM
    You can link and unlink contacts to your facebook.

Facebook app > Friends > options button > disconnect from blackberry contact

or Facebook app > Friends > options button > connect to blackberry contact
    03-27-10 02:51 PM
    Is there a way to un-link all your contacts? I really don't want to see everyone's pictures when answering a phone call.
    If you want them disconnected you can see my above post, if you just don't want the pictures, you can leave them connected, and then just remove the picture from the contact in your address book.
    03-27-10 02:52 PM
    earlier versions used to link with emails. they took this away with the latest version and started to sync only with phone numbers.

Such a stupid thing to do...
    very stupid. I don't think I have my phone # on my facebook profile and if I do its not public at all. obviously, people have to use an email address when they sign up. makes zero sense.
    03-29-10 09:35 PM
    just a refresher, but do you have to have the contact in your BB already for it to sync with FB or will it create a new contact for you?
    04-18-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD