my tour doesnt update my facebook contacts with their pictures etc. even though the option is on. has anyone else encountered this problem? also, for the ones i manually connected, how do i get better picture quality? thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kevinkim728; 09-26-09 at 06:48 PM.
    09-26-09 04:25 PM
    Are you on a BES by chance? Most IT policies block access to the contacts application

09-26-09 04:28 PM
    im actually on BIS

09-26-09 04:31 PM
    did you go to the friends tab and refresh your friends list?
    09-26-09 04:41 PM
    My first Tour updated the contacts pictures on the contact list but my second tour doesn't and I haven't figured out why.
    09-26-09 05:06 PM
    yea i refreshed and did all that mumbo jumbo hahaha. it just doesnt seem to work...
    09-26-09 05:21 PM
    hmmm try hitting it with a hammer?
    09-26-09 05:28 PM
    hmmm try hitting it with a hammer?
    dude i think it worked!!!! jk ahha
    09-26-09 05:29 PM
    dude i think it worked!!!! jk ahha
    damn it!!!
    09-26-09 05:30 PM
    Go throught the setup wizard again. if it doesn't work delete and reload the app
    09-26-09 06:55 PM
    i deleted it and reinstalled it and i think it worked. now my problem is turning off the calendar sync. how do i do that?
    09-26-09 09:00 PM
    Go throught the setup wizard again. if it doesn't work delete and reload the app
    I deleted the app and re-installed and its fine now. Thanks for the tip.

09-27-09 12:15 AM
    I deleted the app and reinstalled it and made sure the syc was clicked and my email addressed matched up. NOW..the FB names are showing up but NOT their pic..help! and i REALLLLY shouldnt have to nor want to syn each one individually..any ideas?
    10-16-09 05:54 AM
    how does one synch manually ? I have FB friends who are also in my contacts, but for some reason the FB app isn't pairing them up. I would say 70% of them have FB pics assocaited, but why not the other 30%

When I got to "Edit Contact", I see where it has "Facebook name" listed, but my Tour doesn't allow me to type or edit that field.

Anyone know?
    10-16-09 12:53 PM
    how does one synch manually ? I have FB friends who are also in my contacts, but for some reason the FB app isn't pairing them up. I would say 70% of them have FB pics assocaited, but why not the other 30%

When I got to "Edit Contact", I see where it has "Facebook name" listed, but my Tour doesn't allow me to type or edit that field.

Anyone know?
    i had the same question. i know i have friends with facebook pages that do not have phone numbers listed on their facebook. how do i manually specify the people in my contacts with their facebook?
    10-16-09 12:57 PM
    I don't even get facebook notifications on my Tour. I've installed, deleted, and re-installed the Facebook App, but no success.
    10-16-09 01:04 PM
    Open the Facebook App, goto your Friend's list. Scroll thru your friend's list and select the friend you want to associate to your address book. Menu > Connect to Blackberry Contact. Your address book will open, and you can select your contact to associate or you can create a new contact. When you're done, hit escape, and it'll ask you if you want to request the person's number. Select no.
    10-16-09 03:35 PM
    ha - I just figured this out and came to post how to do it, but noticed you already told us. Thanks arcadence!
    11-05-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD